622: Adding TV3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

onay

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
Hayward, CA
I think I've read it somewhere in this forum, but can't seem to find it anymore. I just had my 622 installed yesterday and loving it. The 622 is located in the family room and TV2 is located in the media room upstairs. My question is, how can I split the signal to TV2 so that I can get the same signal to the master bedroom, making it TV3?

the modulated output is just a RF cable so any standard splitter would work. If your house is already wired for cable you just need to find where they all run to and connect them together.

I put all my av stuff (except dvd players) in the basement.

I take cable in/split it to a digital dvr, and an attenuator that drops off all above channel 67. I then modulate my outputs from Dish, bev, 3 tivos, and a media pc to channels on the cable, that then feeds the house home runned to this location.

I also send the component outputs to a component mixer to the big screen in the family room. This gets me 4 component outputs on one wire. Topping it off with a Harmony 880 remote to run it all, as it knows activities, like CBLPVR on FAMRM TV
and turns on and off all devices as needed and even knows how to change the component mixer, which learned remote codes from an old cable box remote to use to switch it!!!!

Life is good!

I have my "TV2" output split to 4 TVs. I also, like Philhu, have my other video sources modulated as well. So - from any TV in the house, you can watch the 622, 400-disc DVD Changer, video baby monitor, and an additional source (not yet connected). The 622's "TV2" is controlled via RF, and the other components are controlled via IR byt using Xantech IR injecting/coupling hardware and sensors at each TV. The IR signal rides along the houses's RG6 distro system as DC current, which is removed before it gets to any TV or video source.

I use a 20db signal amp AFTER the 622 and before my splitter to ensure all the sets get a strong signal - I can't use an amplified distributor becuase it would prevent the DC for IR control from passing among the various locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)