622 and 722 pricing

project86

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2006
Quick question: how much are people paying to upgrade from their old SD units to a new 622 or 722?

I currently have a 625, and am hoping to get a 722 for cheap (or free would be ideal). I'd settle for a 622 if the price difference was large enough.

I plan on getting the new $29.99 all HD package, instead of my current AT200.

I upgraded using the Dishin it up from a owned 625 to VIP622 last december. I was thinking that since I had been with Dish for like 7 years that I would get a really good deal, maybe $50.00 out of pocket max...I was wrong...I had to pay $149.99 and get back into a contract for 18 months...I could have gotten the 722 for $199.99 but was new to the whole HD scene, so I just went with the 622, you will end up getting it refunded it back to you after you get your first bill that shows you have the qualifying programming to be eligable for the rebate...they offered me a $10.00 credit for 15 months, but to tell you the truth I forgot all about the rebate and havent bothered sending it in.

Hope this helps, there might be better deals out there now, if your contract is almost up, if you have one that is, try the retention department and tell them you want to switch providers...you would be surprised how far that can get you from what I have read on here...something else I wish I would have tried...LOL

EDIT: If you infact own your 625, they are gonna try talking you into sending it back to them...DONT, they are only gonna give you $5.00 for it...I kept mine, you never know when you might want to add another outlet...or EBAY that sucker, I have seen some pull well over $100.00 on there, used

I rent my 625 from them.

So has anyone else been able to secure a better deal than"full price" when switching from SD to HD receivers?

EDIT: what do you mean by the rebate? How much will they credit back... the compete cost of the receiver, or...?

Thanks

Deals usually require a minimum programming package. I can't imagine why they would give you a deal to reduce your monthly payment to just the all HD. They're in business to make a buck.

if you are eligible for the rebate they will rebate you the $149.99 for the 622, but they dont give you a lump sum rebate, they spread it out over time. So you would get either 15 monthly credits of $10.00 or 10 monthly credits of $15.00...I am not sure what they are using as far as the time. But you must maintain qualifying programming to be eligible

So a month ago it was no contract or just less time? I recently downgraded to just HD only and if Dish doesn't get on the ball I'm out of here all together so I surely don't want to saddle myself with 2 years.

So a month ago it was no contract or just less time? I recently downgraded to just HD only and if Dish doesn't get on the ball I'm out of here all together so I surely don't want to saddle myself with 2 years.

Signed up middle of January.

$150 out of pocket for a 722.
18 month commitment.
dishHD free for 6 months (6 x $20 = $120 savings)
$100 mail in rebate.

Therefore $150 out of pocket, but $220 savings equals $70 in my pocket.

Those were terms I was okay with.

I've tried the online chat several times, inquiring about the possibility of getting a discount as a long-standing good customer. They were very clear, up to the point of being rude, that they had no interest in giving any discounts at all to retain me as a customer. I was very polite, and explained my situation, in light of the discounts being offered for AT&T's Uverse service in my area, as well as the better HD options from D. They suggested I go with one of those options if it fits my needs better.

I will try on the phone once I've made up my mind, but it sounds like I'm looking at paying full price for the upgrade.

PS they say the 622 is still alive and well, in contrast to many posts here saying they only give you 722's now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)