622 and DP34 Switch

rayray72

Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
SLC
Hello,

I have Dish Pro (HD), and a VIP622. I have a DP34 switch which I wanted to install for a future single tuner receiver. Will this cause any problems with my current receiver? and do I need to let Dish know before I do this? Right now it the switch is listed as DPP 1k.2 w/separator in the installation menu. Of course I am connect with the phone line. I really just want to try it to make sure the DP34 switch is good and it works.

Thanks in advance.

Your D1000.2 dish will feed up to 3 dual tuners receivers, you don't really need a DP34 switch. You'll need a cable run from the dish to the new receiver.

First I must say ... Thanks!!! ... you guys are awesome!.

Just so I am clear, the dish 1000.2 supports 3 dual tuner receiver's. However the dish only has four inputs (?) They are labled 119, 110, 129 & LNB In. The LNB in is currently used and goes directly to my VIP622. So if I connect a seperate recevier, just use the 119 or ? sorry I am new at this and little confused.

First I must say ... Thanks!!! ... you guys are awesome!.

Just so I am clear, the dish 1000.2 supports 3 dual tuner receiver's. However the dish only has four inputs (?) They are labled 119, 110, 129 & LNB In. The LNB in is currently used and goes directly to my VIP622. So if I connect a seperate recevier, just use the 119 or ? sorry I am new at this and little confused.

You can connect a receiver to the 119, 110 and 129 ports. LNB IN port is used for another dish (wing dish), it could be 61.5.

The first 3 ports are outputs, only the 4th is an input from an additional satellite if needed. All 3 outputs can go to single- or dual-tuner receivers which can get any of the 3 or 4 satellites; when connected to an external switch they send the labelled satellite's signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)