622 and locals on DVR

drknute3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
I have a 622 receiver that is dual tuner DVR. Since Dish doesnt carry my locals in HD, I use a separate UHF antenna that pulls in the locals in HD. The feed from this enters the back of the DVR at the off air coax input. All of the info comes up on the guide just like the other satellite channels.

The only problem is when I schedule a recording, it will only record to DVR1. All sat programming will default to DVR2. Not that big of a deal except that at certain times, I would like to record HD local programming on 2 different channels at the same time.

Is there any way that I can record off air programming to DVR1 and DVR2 at the same time? I have tried it in single mode and dual mode with no luck.

Thanks
Bill

I have a 622 receiver that is dual tuner DVR. Since Dish doesnt carry my locals in HD, I use a separate UHF antenna that pulls in the locals in HD. The feed from this enters the back of the DVR at the off air coax input. All of the info comes up on the guide just like the other satellite channels.

The only problem is when I schedule a recording, it will only record to DVR1. All sat programming will default to DVR2. Not that big of a deal except that at certain times, I would like to record HD local programming on 2 different channels at the same time.

Is there any way that I can record off air programming to DVR1 and DVR2 at the same time? I have tried it in single mode and dual mode with no luck.

Thanks
Bill

I will not say this for sure, but my guess is that since the 622 has only one OTA tuner there would be no way for it to record on tuner 2. The good news is that you can be recording on the OTA and still have 2 sat tuners available to use.

Thanks
Bill

If I understand right, you are trying to record 2 OTA HD channels at the same time? Can't be done, only one OTA Tuner. As far as DVR 1 or 2 I'm not sure which # mine records to, but it can record HD & 2 Satellite channels, so if I need to record 2-3 local shows it can record the std. def. local broadcasts on the sat tuners.

OTA defaults to DVR1. What is confusing about DV1 is there are two of them. A DVR1 for OTA and a DVR1 for satellite. If you are recording one OTA program and two satellite programs at the same time you will see DVR1 being used twice along with DVR2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)