622 and programing options (existing customer)

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I'm coming into some life changes shortly, and was curious what I can change on my programming on the 622.
Just signed the 18mo contract in like Nov. with whatever deal was at that time. Started with Gold(?) and now's it's called top 250 w/HD & locals (not in HD)
I'm only going to need top 100, no longer really need hd & locals, is it possible to drop all of that? I think I may need to keep HD for 10 months or something like that, can't remember. I also think some fees are wavied at the gold level like dvr or something or other.

Basicly the question is, how low a bill can I get with the current contract & existing 622?

Well you won't be able to drop the HD, less you incure the $5.98 HD enabling fee, which means you have an HD receiver but are not subscribing to any HD channels.

But, the ~$6 is cheaper then the $20 for HD subscription. So the lowest I can see is AT100 only + HD enable fee + DVR fee + tax. Oh and keep it plugged into a phone line lest you incure another fee. :D There may be a cheaper AT package like family, but I don't think that will meet your 18 month contract requirement, as it is usually AT100 minimum.

Well you won't be able to drop the HD, less you incure the $5.98 HD enabling fee, which means you have an HD receiver but are not subscribing to any HD channels.

But, the ~$6 is cheaper then the $20 for HD subscription. So the lowest I can see is AT100 only + HD enable fee + DVR fee + tax. Oh and keep it plugged into a phone line lest you incure another fee. :D There may be a cheaper AT package like family, but I don't think that will meet your 18 month contract requirement, as it is usually AT100 minimum.

Thanks. I thought there were "extra's" in there somewhere.

Dang...she's taking the TV? That sucks...

I'm going thru "life changes" as well and I told her she could keep the kids...I want the TV (like a man has a chance getting the kids anyways...) I'm kidding, of course.

Seriously though...the receiver should go with the HDTV...otherwise you'll be paying for it for nothing. I suppose the 5.98 enabling fee is better than the $20 fee for the HD Package (if your not required to keep it.)

I thought it was now $6 - but I'm still confused why they don't call it "HD Disabling Fee"?

If you drop HD, do they activate the OTA-ATSC tuner for that $6?

If so, maybe I'll drop my HD here and ship the 622 to New Orleans.

Last edited:
I thought it was now $6 - but I'm still confused why they don't call it "HD Disabling Fee"?

If you drop HD, do they activate the OTA-ATSC tuner for that $6?

If so, maybe I'll drop my HD here and ship the 622 to New Orleans.

Yes, they will do your ota if you pay the 6.00 hd enabeling fee. YOu might have to argue like I did for three csrs and a tech and write to the ceo@echostar.com but they will evenutally enable your dvr for both ota options and to see the hd locals if you sub to the sd ones and they are of course available.

Yes, they will do your ota if you pay the 6.00 hd enabeling fee. YOu might have to argue like I did for three csrs and a tech and write to the ceo@echostar.com but they will evenutally enable your dvr for both ota options and to see the hd locals if you sub to the sd ones and they are of course available.

When we droped the locals off, the OTA still worked, but there was no guide :(
So there's another $5 fee if you want to have a guide to record local shows.

So looks like $29 (at100) + $6 (hd [dis]able fee) + $6 dvr fee optional $5 for locals to show in guide + tax

Pluss I think I had the $100 HD credit, spread across 10 $10 credits, that would probaly screw up droping the HD until then.

Now a second, sorta related question. What is the HomeZone, what rates does it have, and when will HD be available?

This may seem weird questions togather, but trust me I have a legimate out to the 622, and I can still be considered "new" to att & dish. (the current services are in the name of a terminally ill housemate, and I never had any services in my name for those curious). I'm just looking for lowest prices when I need to change services. I may go back to BUD, but hear usa/sci-fi maybe absent for a while, during the return of stargates.

Every now and then I see something on Home Zone, maybe someone will respond soon; but I think it is through AT&T in certain area's.

MikeD-C05 thanks for the info.

So looks like $29 (at100) + $6 (hd [dis]able fee) + $6 dvr fee optional $5 for locals to show in guide + tax
Or maybe...
- $19.95 Dish Family
- - 5.00 Locals
- - 5.98 DVR Service Fee
- - 6.00 HD Enabling Fee (OTA Fee:D )
- $36.93 Total

Not too bad to record Boomerang, TWC, and HNN on a 622.:eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)