622 And The Advanced Tech!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

STORMBO

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Confirmed there is a problem with the 622.......They are aware of it, and are working on in.........My 622 goes black every hour or two then reboots..... Advanced tech said it is not just my receiver......Told to call back next Monday to see if there are updates.What does that tell you experts?

Last edited:
Some reps will tell you anything. Never happened to mine.

It does seem like most of the problems people are having is with local off air channels.

But my 622 has been rock solid (except for the sound TICKING from time to time)

I've had some spontaneous reboots, especially when trying to rescan for the other 2 subchannels of my local PBS (KLRU).

Also the sound popping. I do know that when I was talking to an advanced tech BEFORE I got my receiver, they knew about it, and to expect software updates within a release or 3 to fix it.

LER

Had mine since 2/14. Besides my Satellite HD-LIL's not mapping down, I've only had sound issues. Skipping & lip sync off, but a reboot cures it. Never had a black screen. You have either a bad box or bad switch/installation.

Mine download software, then rebooted, then rebooted, then rebooted, then rebooted, thats all it does now, no picture, just a flash.

random reboots are a known receiver issue.. Noth happening to all, but are to alot of them.. Only issue ive had with mine is when youre on a sirius channel, and you pause it, after 3 seconds of playback the audio is gone. If you pause again, then replay, 3 more seconds of audio. Also happens if you try to record it too.

622 reboots like crazy

Well, we had our 622 installed on the 23rd of Feb and had not had any rebooting issues until yesterday....Friday night I noticed a new software download around 1 am. Then starting yesterday we have had a problem with the reciever rebooting as often as every 10 minutes and sometimes an hour apart. It reboots while we are watching tv or while it is off. I think its definitely software related as that is the only change.

I'm also getting a run around with tech support. The first tech said to unplug it for 2-3 minutes and then plug it directly into the wall. If it continues then they will replace the receiver. Well I called back after it was continuing and got another tech who won't replace it until she sends a service tech out next SAT to check the grounding. A third tech has now agreed that if we hook up the other reciever we have (a 311) and it doesn't happen then they will replace it! What a rip off! So we're doing that and waiting 2 hours then calling back.

In the meantime this means no Sopranos in High Def tonight!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)