622 Audio Stutter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I have had a 622 for about 1 year or so and it was replaced x 1 for bad HDMI. I used the toslink to my sony receiver. The audio stutters frequently and I have to pause and play for it to resolve. I have held off calling thinking it is a software update that will be resolved down the road but now I am wondering if the receiver is bad. Is this a confirmed bug?

I have the same issue. But I also had the same problem with the 508. I thought a cord would fix, however it did not.

I tried a couple of months ago to describe the sound problem with my 622 to tech support, and failed. Popping wasn't the right term, but I couldn't come up with a better one. I think you might have hit it with stuttering. My problem comes and goes with no discernable cause. Unplugging power for 15 seconds usually fixes the problem. I have held off calling Dish for a replacement due to the large number of programs we have recorded.

same here, last night on american idol it got quite bad, but was solved by changing to the other version of the same channel. Also the recording of the channel was fine. It seems to happen more if both tuners are recording and you are watching one of the channels that is being recored.

I wrote to DishQuality about stuttering on the HD version of my local station KDFW and I've been having an email dialog with them about it. It wasn't so much that the stuttering was there, but that it was happening every 12-15 seconds like clockwork. It has since cleared up. I can abide some glitches and errors when it comes to HD programming because of the high amount of bandwidth it takes and compared to SD technology...all this is new. I never have problems with stuttering on the SD channels but that technology is decades old. I know Dish uses a kind of forward error correction on their signal, perhaps this error correction doesn't exist on the link from the local POP to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts