622 caller id and Vonage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hokiecb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Southwest VA
My 622 caller id seems to have stopped working. All of the other phone related features of the receiver still work. Green shows up in the sys info screen, caller id is enabled. My 811's caller id is still going strong though. Anybody else seen this? Think its a VoIP issue or the 622?

VOIP protocols can cause difficulties in data/modem/fax transmissions, but the CID signals are generated locally by your TA. If the other CID phones in your house are displaying the info OK, then the 622 is the culprit. Have you tried a cold reboot?

The only other thing I can think of (unless the 622 function has just died on you) is that you may be exceeding the REN (or equivalent CID current capacity) of your Vonage TA. How many telephone sets and/or connections (like Sat receivers) are connected in your house?

was just one phone and the 622 until i hooked up the 811 to test the CID on another sat box... so now just one cordless 622 and 811

This may be another problem with the 622. My CID has stopped working, too. I have a regular phone line connected to the 622 via wireless jack. All the other phone functions work fine on the 622 and the CID works fine on my other phones, but it just stopped working on the 622. Before it stopped altogether I noticed sometimes it would flash the CID on the screen and sometimes it wouldn't. I'll try a hard reboot and see what that does.

mine started by showing the number but name as unavailable ... then it went to showing up in the cid history only but never popped up on screen to now nothing at all.

noremac said:
The only other thing I can think of (unless the 622 function has just died on you) is that you may be exceeding the REN (or equivalent CID current capacity) of your Vonage TA. How many telephone sets and/or connections (like Sat receivers) are connected in your house?

Unlikely he is over the REN if he has modern phones. Seems like most newer phones are only like 0.1 to 0.3 REN, and the Vonage adapter has a max REN of about 3.5 IIRC.

had the 622 ra'd --- The new 622's caller id is also not working. My 811's caller id is still working so I used the telephone cable from it to check and also plugged it directly to the vonage box. This was pointless since the diagnostic test tells me the phone connection is good.

Any other Ideas? i know that sometimes the modem functions are sensitive to grounding, but my system appears to be grounded properly.

ilkevinli said:
I have Vonage and the CallerID works fine.

I was thinking of switching to Vonage. Does anyone know if the Vonage line satisfies Dish's requirement for a telephone line attachment to the 622 or will I have to pay Dish an additional charge?

Thanks!

grb said:
I was thinking of switching to Vonage. Does anyone know if the Vonage line satisfies Dish's requirement for a telephone line attachment to the 622 or will I have to pay Dish an additional charge?

Thanks!

Yes, it satisfies Dish's requirement. You will not have to pay that additional fee.
I'm using it with a 622 and a 522.
(If you search the forum, you'll find lot's of info on Vonage with Dish - many of us are using it and it works fine)

jdr01930 said:
Yes, it satisfies Dish's requirement. You will not have to pay that additional fee.
I'm using it with a 622 and a 522.
(If you search the forum, you'll find lot's of info on Vonage with Dish - many of us are using it and it works fine)
Great! Thanks!

hokiecb said:
My 622 caller id seems to have stopped working. All of the other phone related features of the receiver still work. Green shows up in the sys info screen, caller id is enabled. My 811's caller id is still going strong though. Anybody else seen this? Think its a VoIP issue or the 622?
My caller id stops working once a week. I have Packet8 voip service but it's not that. I have to jiggle the phone connector in the splitter in the back of the P8 ATA and then it works again.

The E* box can't successfully dial out through the P8 line anyway soI may give up and plug in another phone into the splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts