622 changes channel on its own.

vodad

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I have been having problems with my reciever changing channels on its own. It is the TV1 output that this does it on. I even took the remotes to the 722s I have and put them in a drawer to make sure they where not the problem. But for some reason you will be watching a show, the remote will be on the table and then it changes to another channel.

Anyone else have this problem, I have even gone so far as to take the batteries out of the remote to make sure something is not wrong with the remote.

I was hoping to wait til the 922 comes out to replace this reciever but I this is starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks

James

good chance is someone near by has dish also with same remote addey try changeing your remote adeey to deffrent no..

I have been having problems with my reciever changing channels on its own. It is the TV1 output that this does it on. I even took the remotes to the 722s I have and put them in a drawer to make sure they where not the problem. But for some reason you will be watching a show, the remote will be on the table and then it changes to another channel.

Anyone else have this problem, I have even gone so far as to take the batteries out of the remote to make sure something is not wrong with the remote.

I was hoping to wait til the 922 comes out to replace this reciever but I this is starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks

James
Chances are a neighbor has a Dish receiver and is causing your problem, You are probably doing the same thing to them. You should change your remote address. Check page 72 in your manual. (Yeah, I know j8 answered this, but I cannot understand half of what he posts. This is in case you cannot understand it either.)

I have changed the address, I have tried single mode or dual mode, this is the IR remote TV1 and it still does it. I am clueless on this, the closest house with Dish is about 500 feet + away.

Reciever is in single mode all the time now, no second tv on this one. and the UHF remote is in a drawer with no batteries in it.

James

I will try taking the antenna off the back, I hope that is it. it gets annoying having to hit cancel all the time to stop it from happening. It only seems to happen about 10 oclock at night and only for a few moments. then it seems to be fine.

No auto tune set, it changes to different channels, or will channel down. totally random.

Just does it around the same time every night. sometime between 9-11.

I had missed where the OP said he was in single mode. So yeah, as others have suggested, remove the antenna. That should do it.

maby the front pannel buttons are intermittently making contact. causing unit to channel by itself. try a gental tap on the top of the receiver by the buttons and see if it channles.

okay I unplugged the antenna, and left the unit unplugged for about half an hour to reset everything, and last night it seemed to be fine, so I am crossing my fingers

Now if I can only figure out why the thing will not stay connected to the internet so I can use sling guide I will be happy. It will stay connected for about 24 hours and then loses connection and I have to reconnect it. Very iritating as it also stops reporting to dish and they start charging me again. Everything else I have on my home network stays connected so I have no clue on this one.

James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts