622 discrete TV remote

petrozio

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Central Connecticut
My TV's original remote has discrete power buttons (one button for on, another for off/standby) With my 811 remote it was never a problem. One code worked to toggle TV power both on and off. With my 622, the same code only shuts the TV off. I cannot find a code to do both. It seems a little ridiculous that I would need 2 separate codes anyway. Anyone else have this issue? What to do?

Real quick without checking, some (most? all?) remotes can use the page-up/down buttons for discrete power on/off commands.

Check your manual - I know I saw it in one of the manuals somewhere.

A good search here would be "discrete power".

Just found this the other day:

1-On the remote hold the SAT mode button until all the mode lights are lit then release.
2- Press the POWER button.
3- Press VOLUME UP for discrete on, VOLUME DOWN for discrete off.
4- Press any button when done to end this procedure.

mlrtime3 said:
Just found this the other day:

1-On the remote hold the SAT mode button until all the mode lights are lit then release.
2- Press the POWER button.
3- Press VOLUME UP for discrete on, VOLUME DOWN for discrete off.
4- Press any button when done to end this procedure.
That's for discrete sattelite power, his problem is his Dish remote - which only has a power toggle button for his TV, is issuing a discrete command and always turning his set off, instead of a power toggle command.

That's why I do not use the Dish remotes myself. I use a HTM MX700 and URC200 to control TV1, so I can use a poweron and poweroff macro to turn everything discretely on and off at once.

Unfortuneately I'm stuck using the 622's UHF remote in TV2 land, at least until someone invents an IR to UHF converter for Dish's UHF remotes (They have a UHF to IR one, why not the other way around?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts