622 DVR Bugs (Daily Show)(OTA Conflicts)

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I have been having an issue and I know it can't just ba affecting me.

BUG #1
I have my 622 set to record all NEW episodes of the Colbert Report and The Daily Show. This works great at ignoring the reruns, except all the reruns on Monday! When I come home from work on Mondays I have 4 episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report waiting on me. The info screen shows that these are not new episodes, but it still records them.

BUG #2
There are times when I have two programs on automatic "new" episode timers on the OTA tuner. The DVR will show that both OTA timers are going to fire. When the time comes, the DVR shows that both OTA timers are recording, but in reality, neither record. This especially happens with "Heroes" and "House" and any tim I have a 2 hour program starting at 8 and a 1 hr program at 9pm. The only way to fix this is to manually "skip" an event. The priorities work most of the time, but not in these situations.

So the question is: How can this be fixed? Reporting this to the regular number is worthless and "Dishquality" is for PQ issues with locals.

See ya
Tony

You do much better if you can use a specific time of night on M-F (yes they are only M-Th) rather than a Dish Pass. DP records all the "old" show, which do not have a specific date for original showing. It probably also requires reasonable description and episode number to not record. The problem is you would like to use DP to move around and avoid other shows--you might get away with 2 or so specific timers. Good luck, Tony and I've had the 2 OTA and even 3 satellite shows scheduled.
-Ken