622 DVR question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GaryZ06

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Hey guys I have a 622 DVR and it freezes every couple of days and then some of the HD channels are blank(black screen) I then have to reboot it but it is a pain in the butt....is this normal? Thanks

Hey guys I have a 622 DVR and it freezes every couple of days and then some of the HD channels are blank(black screen) I then have to reboot it but it is a pain in the butt....is this normal? Thanks
Does it freeze when playing a recording or during live TV? Mine does what you say yours does but it is just the recording that seems to have bad spots.

When you see the black screen or the freezes try pressing the "skip forward" button. That has always worked for me.

Does it freeze when playing a recording or during live TV? Mine does what you say yours does but it is just the recording that seems to have bad spots.

When you see the black screen or the freezes try pressing the "skip forward" button. That has always worked for me.
Hey Steve....it freezes only on live TV.I will try the skip forward button but the blank screen only on a couple HD channels puzzles me....Thanks for your reply

Sounds like it may be heat related. Mine used to freeze. Hasn't done it since I moved my DVD player that was sitting on top of the 622.

Sounds like it may be heat related. Mine used to freeze. Hasn't done it since I moved my DVD player that was sitting on top of the 622.
Right.

There is/are threads about how you see what temp your 622 is running at. It's part of the menu tree (someplace or other).

Anybody know what the procedure is for the OP?

Right.

There is/are threads about how you see what temp your 622 is running at. It's part of the menu tree (someplace or other).

Anybody know what the procedure is for the OP?

It is under the menus and you will want to look at counters

I think it is Menu, 6, 3, and then go to counters (I did this from the 625, so I will give some names of menus also).

The different menus were titled: System Menu, and then Diagnostics. Once you select counters, push the page down button until you find the HDD Temps.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

It is under the menus and you will want to look at counters

I think it is Menu, 6, 3, and then go to counters (I did this from the 625, so I will give some names of menus also).

The different menus were titled: System Menu, and then Diagnostics. Once you select counters, push the page down button until you find the HDD Temps.

Hope that helps,
Geoff
Thanks Geoff. The numbers were correct for the 622 too.

Gary: When you get to the counters screen, you have to use the "page" buttons on the upper right corner of the remote. I've never bothered using them before and I was stymied for a bit until I found out that ONLY the "page" keys move you down the list of counters.

FYI: My average HDD temp is 132 with a high of 140.

(sounds like a weather report for hell)

hmmm its not normal... shouldnt do this.... call dish to get an ra going, tell them that it ffreezes constantly. If you want to keep recordings you will probably have to get the external hard drive service and save them there. Then ra the receiver. Ive heard many people have problems with their 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)