622 - EPG issue

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I've had this 622 since Oct. '06 and within the last few days the EPG information it holds is limited to 48 hours only.

During the day, If I try to navigate past that 48 hours, it asks to update the EPG and after it does, it's will contain 48 hours from then.

Another by-product of this is recordings from some timers will display "No Info Available" or "Digital Service" instead of the actual title, but the show's content is OK.

Any ideas about what might cause this??

The only way I get mine out of this mode is to do a check switch. It forces a new reload of the guide.

The only way I get mine out of this mode is to do a check switch. It forces a new reload of the guide.
I've tried that, even a power cord reboot and the guide does update, but it's still only a 48 hour guide.

There's not some deeply hidden option to lessen the number of EPG days, is there??

Call and get DISH to rma your receiver and get you another one . Put the dish home protection plan on your account and it will cost you nothing for shipping and handling. You can drop the insurance once the replacement receiver is activated and the other one is returned. You can add it and drop it when ever you need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)