622: Found this out by accident...

sno543

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
Modesto, Ca
You all know if you hit the DVR button twice, it takes you to your recorded events. If you hit it 3 times, it will take you to your recording schedule.

Not sure if anyone else knew about this or not but thought I would pass it along. :)

Yea and if you hit the skip ahead, skip forward, ff or rewind buttons repeatedly too fast, it'll bring up the info screen, which in my opinion is a great enhancment:)

SmityWhity said:
Actually, I believe the INFO SCREEN comes up when you overload the buffer by hitting more keys than it can process.
exactly. Its an improvement over the system reboot that use to occur.

the one I did by accident was the 10 second back and 30 second forward int he guy moves you up and down a day .. which is kind of neat.. I hated scrolled several days up..

I just discovered that closed captin works in HD on most shows. I used to read disclaimers that cc was not available on HD shows. But I find it for DEADWOOD when I want to play back later and review the exact text of what was said. They tend to speak in the stilted flowery language that was in vogue in the late 1800's. (High level of abstraction)

SmityWhity said:
Actually, I believe the INFO SCREEN comes up when you overload the buffer by hitting more keys than it can process.

I was being factious. Actually it's a pain because you then have to cycle through the info screen to regain control. Seems like a stupid design to me. Why couldn't they just have it disregard "over buffer" key presses or stack them?

Just a note / Quick Correction, when you hit the DVR button ONCE it takes you to your DVR Events (Now Named My Recordings), when you hit the DVR button twice (or if you hit the DVR button while you are already in the DVR Events / My Recordings Screen) it takes you to the Daily Schedule screen. Stated above it says you have to hit it two times for My Recordings screen and three times to go to the Daily Schedule screen which is incorrect (unless the 622 requires an extra hit of the DVR button but do not see why it would). This is the way that the 522/625 receivers work.

Stargazer said:
Just a note / Quick Correction, when you hit the DVR button ONCE it takes you to your DVR Events (Now Named My Recordings), when you hit the DVR button twice (or if you hit the DVR button while you are already in the DVR Events / My Recordings Screen) it takes you to the Daily Schedule screen. Stated above it says you have to hit it two times for My Recordings screen and three times to go to the Daily Schedule screen which is incorrect (unless the 622 requires an extra hit of the DVR button but do not see why it would). This is the way that the 522/625 receivers work.

The 622 does require 2 presses to see the recorded events then the third shows the schedule

Sorry Stargazer, the 622 is different. The DVR button takes you to a screen called "Dish on Demand" and it then it says to press DVR to access "My Recordings".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)