622 Hd Dvr ( Need To Hear Favorable User Reports)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

woljr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
It would be nice to hear favorable user reports on the 622 DVR. You worry about investing in equipment that will be out of date in a few months. Of course if the unit will continue to perform all your needed functions then why worry anyway.:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

I bought two in March and absolutely love them. Last week the HDMI port on one died, and Dish sent me a new one two-day air, they asked for $15 for S/H but agreed to waive that as well.

Other than that, the software has been near-flawless, and the hardware is top-notch. Nothing else on the market compares - being able to record 3 things at a time (one w/ OTA) and watch two on seperate TVs.

I just wish the entry price had been $500 like it is now, I spent $1240 on two of them. Damn bleeding edge tech.

I love it, have 2 of them.. I prefer some of the functionality over tivo.. some functionality is missing that tivo has.. especially transfering recorded items between Tivos..

but over all I've enjoyed it especially the functionality to watch something on another TV via a cable channel.. right now I have 119 & 121 setup as both TV2's.

If they made the TV2 output digital via QAM or ATSC producing the HD signal.. now then we'd be talking! :)

Love them! Never regret to get them. There is always something new down the road. But never was my concern about "out dated" issue. If I would wait for "tomorrow's" technology, I would be still watching B&W TV (if any) :)

I've had one 622 since February 21. No problems for me, and I've been using HDMI since the beginning. It's connected to one TV (finished basement, so nowhere to discreetly run wires), and I've been very happy with it. I second the wish that I could have gotten it for $99 instead of $299, but it works very well.

I liked my first one well enough to get a second. Thought I would never leave Tivo, but am quite happy with the 622 dvr functions. Only glitch has been a bad HDMI port, but I switched to component cable and didn't miss a beat. So I would strongly endorse the 622:)

I love mine too. I bought it instead of leasing it. $495 at Fry's Electronics. It's a C series and runs a little hot @ 116º Avg. but works flawlessly. I was still using a VCR/DVD recorder combo to record daily programs and found out how far behind the times I was when I got this. I dont see it being outdated anytime soon. 2:up :up

I really liked my 942, and was reluctant to give it up, even w/ a good deal on the upgrade to the 622. Well, I love it just as much if not more.

Again, like those posting above...so much so that I jumped in and bought a second.

My only complaint--I want archiving through USB and the vip shared media features activated/upgraded right NOW! Seriously, right now. When those features are added, the 622 will be one of the best HD consumer electronics devices out there, ever.

I've had mine since they first came out, using HDMI since day one.
No problems at all. I love this thing!!!!!

Like Shanewalker (and many others), I'm really looking forward to external USB storage support, which will allegedly be added later this year.

I wouldn't worry about it being out of date in a few months, it's still very new.

With Dish there is always another new receiver around the corner. They seem to add them just to get the bleeding edge tech lovers to bite at a high price.

I think I 've learned now to be patient and wait till they reduce the price a bit. I bought two for the 649.00 price. With trade ins to dishdepot.com it brought the price down to about 450.00 for the both of them. So I didn't get two badly burned but I will wait in the future till they come down before I upgrade again.

I hope that we can just keep adding external hard drives to add to my storage needs and I won't need to keep upgrading. I am pretty happy now with my two 622 receivers. I highly recommend them as I think they are some of the best receivers that Dish has made.

Now if they could make a new hd dvr receiver with a huge hard drive that could do wireless hd /dolby digital sound - that works - to my other tvs I would have to bite again.

hzhao said:
Love them! Never regret to get them. There is always something new down the road. But never was my concern about "out dated" issue. If I would wait for "tomorrow's" technology, I would be still watching B&W TV (if any) :)

Thanks for your response:
I have always wanted the latest tech. I had one of the first Color TV when there were only 3 shows in color. I had one of the first HI-Fi VCR that cost $1100. I had a 50 " projection tv when i had to build a special room to house it with a SAE solid state AUDIO system. I had a HD TV when there was only one OTA channel in HD and D had 5 HD channels. I am looking forward to receiving my new HD 622 and puting it through the paces. I may have given my age away with this response.
:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

I've had my 622 since late May, and couldn't be happier. This is the second Dish PVR I've had (first was a DishPlayer), and 4th PVR overall. It is the best in terms of usability, options, and storage space of any that I've had to date.

So far I've had no problems at all. I am using HDMI, but I'm not using OTA or 129. My receiver is not an E or F series, in fact it's a B series, although I wonder if it's a refurbished one because the manual looks a little beat-up.

woljr said:
It would be nice to hear favorable user reports on the 622 DVR. You worry about investing in equipment that will be out of date in a few months. Of course if the unit will continue to perform all your needed functions then why worry anyway.:hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Your responses generate a few questions:::hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

1. What does the Remote UHF antenna look like ?? Big , Small , sits on Top ?/Wire?
2. What does "Watch SD on svhs input" mean ??/
3. HDMI port verses Component Cable ?? WHY ?

Like the above I have had mine since April and have had no problems with it. I do use the HDMI connection to my Pani plasma. . I have read that not all audio receivers are compatable with the HDMI.

woljr said:
Your responses generate a few questions:::hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

1. What does the Remote UHF antenna look like ?? Big , Small , sits on Top ?/Wire?
2. What does "Watch SD on svhs input" mean ??/
3. HDMI port verses Component Cable ?? WHY ?
1. About 6" long with coax fitting to hook to 622
2. S-Video gives best Standard Definition reception.
3.HDMI is digital , also carries sound to TV, Component is 3 wire video only and it is anolog. As to your age, you are like me, older then dirt, my first color tv was a Heathkit that I built myself.
As to the WHY? I guess it is a matter of preference which connection you use, I used HDMI for months on my plasma, just recently switched to Component because it has a more contrasty picture, had to tone down my "User" contrast and brightness settings. Depending on your tv it might get a slightly sharper picture with HDMI, mine seems about the same with either choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)