622 Hd Dvr ( Need To Hear Favorable User Reports)

Dish Dvr622

My first 622, purchased a month ago in June ("D" Series), was dead on arrival re: HDMI. I had to use an S-Video cable temporarily, but I called right away and explained the problem. DISH sent a Tech out the next day with component video cables (no charge) while they proceeded to send me a replacement unit. At least I had a digital signal to watch on my new Sony 60" XBR! The 2nd 622 arrived ("F" series) after a few days and, while the HDMI cable worked, the UHF antenna was toast -- no signal at all. DISH tech support concurred with my assessment, so, I plugged the "D" model back in and waited for the 3rd unit to arrive. A few days later, I opened the box only to discover that it was another "D" model. It looked like it might have been a refurbished unit, but I plugged it in and, to my surprise, all the inputs and outputs worked! I now am slightly concerned that the HDMI will fail, which has been reported by many others on the "D" series.

DISH has been terrific to work with during all these equipment hassles and has not charged me a penny more, so I have no complaints there. The unit is fantastic in terms of features and functions -- it's really convenient to have DVR in our bedroom. :D

Ken Bour
Potomac Falls, VA

NBC Boston

622 & audio receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)