622 HDMI quit working overnight

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Woke up this morning and my 622 will not work through my HDMI cable. I ran the same cable through my dvd player and it works fine. Is there something that came out over night software wise or something? Anything else I can check?

Ok I just checked to make sure but it works through component. Bad HDMI connector? I have uppluged and unpluged and restarted 3 times. Nothing.

There are some stress issues with the hdmi connector surface mount to pcb, don't let csr tell is a software issue.
http://mostly-linux.blogspot.com/2006/09/dont-blindly-believe-dish-if-hdmi.html

thats what I thought. I unpluged it last night to connect it to my dvd player. They are sending me a new unit for 14.95 shipping. (That really sucks).
I use the same HDMI cable for my dish and dvd player so i have to unhook. I have done this prob 10 times in the last 6 months. Thats a poor made connector. My sony dvd player works fine. Should I open it up and take a look or will they charge me for doing that. They told me if it was my fault they would charge me for the receiver.

Some get hdmi to wrk by applying upward and to the left tension on the hdmi cable.

Did what you said and got a picture. But I cant hold it there all the time to watch TV. WIll they try to blame this on me? If they try to charge me for the receiver over to D* I go. Crappy design

Did what you said and got a picture. But I cant hold it there all the time to watch TV. WIll they try to blame this on me? If they try to charge me for the receiver over to D* I go. Crappy design

They corrected this problem on some 622s and with the new 722s by adding a screw that holds the HDMI port in place. If they're gonna replace the receiver with a 622 make sure it has that screw on top of the HDMI port.

Worst morning ever. Now my HDMI end fell off. It is snaked through the wall to my TV. Hopefully Blue Jean Cables will give me another.

Well hopefully BlueJeans will give me another. All I was doing was pulling it in and out. They have a lifetime warranty.

The worst thing about it is snaking it back through the wall

thats what I thought. I unpluged it last night to connect it to my dvd player. They are sending me a new unit for 14.95 shipping. (That really sucks).
I use the same HDMI cable for my dish and dvd player so i have to unhook.

You really need to get a switchbox (it'll reduce how much you need to mess with the cables). Check monoprice - the price has really come down.

Last edited:
You need an HDMI switcher:

30471.jpg

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=3047&seq=1&format=2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)