622 Incorrect Event Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Over the past several weeks I've encountered a DVR timer problem on the 622. A number of the shows I've set up to record are being skipped as "Incorrect Event". However it is the correct show in the correct time slot. I've tried deleting the timers and recreating them and it may be fine for a week or two and then the same problem starts occurring.

Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions? If it makes a difference the problem is occurring on weekly timers.

I have seen that problem occassionally also. Usually though it is when the network has put another program in the timeslot that the reoccuring show normally is at. (it has happened on House a few times because Fox moves that show all over the place). To my knowledge though, I have never missed a first-time run show.

I have seen daily timers that were set to fire at a particular time EVERY DAY regardless of content, which will sometimes show "incorrect event" (duh?)

I think the root cause is corrupt guide data but of course I have no technical details to back that up. :)

I just posted something about this in the 622 Running Bug Thread on the Dish Network HD Forum here. I'm seeing it too, and, yes, with weekly timers, but, interestingly, only on shows that are at 10:00pm on my local HD channels (through Dish 6xxx channels). In my case the first week's timer is OK, but once it has recorded, the second ends up being tagged as an "incorrect event." I'm glad to see someone else posting about this b/c I thought I was going crazy... :). I have dozens of other timers, but only the "weekly" 10:00pm timers seem to have the problem.

I don't think it has anything to do with corrupt guide data b/c the first week's timer always seem to work - it's later week's that have the problem. And the guide is always showing the "correct" event that the 622 thinks is somehow incorrect.

I set a timer to record "Firefly" every Sunday at 6PM on Universal HD. The 622 recorded the first week, then skipped the second week and I discovered that it had been marked "incorrect event". I deleted the timer and set up a new weekly timer for the next Sunday. Once again, it recorded the first week then red x'ed the following week as incorrect. I don't know why - it makes no sense. Now, I have to remember to go into the timers some time during the week and restore that timer every week.

Well at least it's not a 10:00pm-only issue, but must have something to do with Weekly timers. Since UNIHD is the only channel running Firefly - and they only repeat it on the day they show it (probably for East v. West viewers) - I have my Firefly timer set to ALL. Works, of course, but it really sounds like Dish has a BUG in the weekly timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)