622 Install Question?

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Can anyone let me know what the install requirments are for the 622? I live in a area that will not be getting local HD's anytime some. I currently have Directv with 4 lines running from the Dish to the Switch in my attic. I am worried about installer not wanting to hook up to my setup in the attic with my wall drops. I keep reading about multiple dishes on 622 setups?

So 622 install

How many dishs?

How lines running of each dsh to a switch?

Can you use a diplexer for ota signals on a 622?

alton987 said:
Can anyone let me know what the install requirments are for the 622? I live in a area that will not be getting local HD's anytime some. I currently have Directv with 4 lines running from the Dish to the Switch in my attic. I am worried about installer not wanting to hook up to my setup in the attic with my wall drops. I keep reading about multiple dishes on 622 setups?

So 622 install

How many dishs?
Depends on your location, which you don't list. You may be OK with a single Dish1000 looking at 110/119/129, or you may need two Dish 500s, one looking at 110/119, the other at either 61.5 or 129.

How lines running of each dsh to a switch?

You'll only need two lines from the dish(es). One will go to each receiver. You'll have a DPP Twin LNBF looking at 110/119. This has an input port and a built-in switch.

Can you use a diplexer for ota signals on a 622?
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts