622 install questions

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 16, 2007
Just bought two Sony Bravia's and am getting the Dish HD upgrade.

Getting two 622's. My questions are these:

1. I suspect the best IO is to use HDMI cables between the DVR's and each TV. Does the installer bring them or should I grab a couple before they arrive in order to avoid a coax hook up? (I will be using the single RF on the back of each TV for my Antenna).

2. Will either TV be able to access both of the DVR's, or will each be only viewable by the TV it is hooked up to? (my current SD Dvr 625? can be accessed by both TV's the way they are hooked up now).

3. Is there anything I should request or be aware of during the install/swap?

Thanks in advance for any insights and replies.

Mike in Minneapolis -13.7 f

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
1 Depends on the installer, most do not bring HDMI cables. They usually have components (it has been debated as to which ones are better with no clear cut conclusion). If you want HDMI cables, try ordering them from monoprice.com at about $10 each, alot of other places charge way too much for them.
2. DVR recordings are only accessible on the receiver that is hooked to the tv, but you can activate an external Hard Drive and use that to transfer them to the other unit.
3. Make sure everything works (all four tv's and all channels on both receivers). There have been reports of installers being lazy and not hooking everything up right. Also make sure someone at home has a basic understanding on how the units work and where to find the channels needed on the secondary tv's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)