622 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phillycreamboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I have an upcoming install next Saturday for my new 622. I currently have a 625. On the dish I have outside it says Dish 1000. When I go to system information it says Dish 500. Three satellites are listed 110, 119,and 129. On Sat input 2 for "check switch" all three are green. On input 1 it has a red X in sat 129. I tried reversing the inputs and the red X moved to input 2 and all three input 1 sats were green. Any ideas as to what is going on?

phillycreamboy said:
I have an upcoming install next Saturday for my new 622. I currently have a 625. On the dish I have outside it says Dish 1000. When I go to system information it says Dish 500. Three satellites are listed 110, 119,and 129. On Sat input 2 for "check switch" all three are green. On input 1 it has a red X in sat 129. I tried reversing the inputs and the red X moved to input 2 and all three input 1 sats were green. Any ideas as to what is going on?
Check if you receive channel 9901. On the sys info and check switch screens of a 625 all it lists is the 300, 500, or superdish. You can have a 1000 in use, and it not be listed on your sys info page.
You probably have a connection/cabling issue up at the dish, either by the LNB's or switch, if your system has a switch.
By switching your inputs, it is clear you are not receiving 129 through one of your down-feeds.
The installer coming to put in your 622 will be able to correct the issue for you.

yes I have channel 9901. Would it be quicker to have Dish activate the receiver over the phone and have them to get a tech to come out and fix the problem with the 129 input?

phillycreamboy said:
yes I have channel 9901. Would it be quicker to have Dish activate the receiver over the phone and have them to get a tech to come out and fix the problem with the 129 input?
I don't understand the difference. Dish cannot resolve the input issue over the phone, but a tech can do both at the same time.
Check switch is completed prior to the initial activation. Considering it may cause some sort of initialization issue during the first time activation of your 622, it would be my suggestion your Sat feeds are corrected prior to activating it.

phillycreamboy said:
Dish won't activate untill they close out the work order. Then you'll have to reschedule your appointment and probably pay for it.

to answer your problem with the missing satellite feed... are you using a seperator into your 625? if so, i'd venture thats the culprit.... i've seen one side of those lose one feed quite often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts