622 Installed, now I have some questions.....

avheat22

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Ok on my last post I asked what cables to get for my set up, to which I was happy to go out and purchase from your recomendations, and my receiver was set up on Tuesday....BUT like many of you the infamous "work order" did not call for a dish 1000(I'm a newbie, but I think this is the one I need), well the guy hooked it up and so far so good, but I have a few questions.

1. On my HD locals( I live near Los Angeles) I turn my dish receiver to channel 11(fox) and say "American Idol" comes on does the receiver automatically go to HD or do I have to do something? Before when I was going over the air for HD I would have to go to channel 11.1, not just 11, to get 720dpi or 1080dpi, does my dish receiver do this automatically?

2. I was watching "Armageddon" tonight on "TNTHD and the sound did NOT match up to the characters mouths, don't get me wrong, I love old Kung Fu movies but I want to watch the shows how they were attended, any help or Ideas on this?

3. Lastly I get the dish 1000 installed this Saturday and the tech told me when he did not have the original on Tuesday that now(or when it gets installed) that I will be able to get all the HD channels that I subscribed for(the platinum package) is this true?

Ok, finally I just want to say, I failed to say this on my first post, that I love this site! Being a technology imp I have learned alot just by reading here, thanks to all who post, run and look out for guys like me on this site, it is truly appreciated!

-Anthony

11.1 is the HD 11.0 is the standard definition. You have a choice once you have your Dish 1000 installed of getting OTA HD or Dish HD. There is a setup menu for this also.

Try changing the sync menu 6-1-7 to standard definition and see if that fixes your problem. I think there is definitely a bug here, but this has worked around it for me.

The Dish 1000 will give you all the new HD channels on 129

I saw the TNT HD problem with Armageddon while channel surfing. I'm guessing it was a problem at TNT's end since none of my other HD channels have had the same issue....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts