622 Installed Today--Some Questions

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

Originally set up on on our old kinda dead tv, best buy came and dropped off new tv, but didn't put the new stand together, so unforuately our satellite receiver is on the floor, and my question is--if i was to watch something from TV2, with it on the carpeted floor--would the receiver overheat? if so i will not turn it on, and just wait until we get the TV stand put together, with the shelfs underneath for our devices.

Also is there ever gonna be a dual tuner receiver with High Definition on both TV1 and Tv2?

Can you put the receiver on top of books or a box? I wouldn't put it on the carpet, it will overheat. I don't know about the 622 but the 625 has a small exhaust fan at the bottom of the receiver.

622 Installed today, Some Questions

Yeah I'm sure we could find some books to put it on, or a box. Tomorrow there suppose to have the stand together, and working right..thankfully.

Is on top of the TV's box ok? it's taped shut completely--until the installer comes and puts together the stand for it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure we could find some books to put it on, or a box. Tomorrow there suppose to have the stand together, and working right..thankfully.

Is on top of the TV's box ok? it's taped shut completely--until the installer comes and puts together the stand for it.

Anything that makes sure that air circulates under and around it. And remember these things are always on, so its not just when watching it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)