622 Installed today!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
Well, I got sick of DTV and their lack of HD content so today I got a 622 installed. Went smooth, they used a dish 500 and a seperate dish for the 61.5. Kind of glad with all the 129 horror stories I've heard. Got the Silver package, HBO and locals. I might go through some Tivo withdrawl but I think this will work pretty well. Thanks to everyone here for posting all the info, thats what made me decide to take the plunge!

Mike

There are things that TIVO does amazingly well. Suggestions is one. The other one is searching. You can search by actor, actress and genre(I.e. holiday/ christmas). While you can do the same with the 622, there's no genre search to the depth that TIVO does.

The 622 does other things better. Like setting up recordings I think is faster and more intuitive on the 622 than it was on the TIVO.

You'll be up to speed in no time and won't miss the TIVO as much as you might think.

I just ordered mine, comes in 2 weeks. I am psyched to get more HD and to be able to record it. I'll cancel DTV when everything is up and running. My DTiVo is getting real slow.

I think you'll like it Super Dave. I've been messing with it straight for about 4 hours now and I am impressed. I had the same problem with my Tivo, it would sometimes take up to a minute or more for even just hitting the record button and get the "Please Wait" screen to go away. The Tivo search was real nice and I'm still messing with this but I think it'll be just as good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)