622 Issue

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Background, I have a 622 on the latest software (L625). It is currently connected via power strip, but I have duplicated the problem through the wall outlet. It is connected via HDMI, though a HDMI switch in my AV receiver (HK AVR 146) and then to my TV.

Several weeks ago, I came home to the cooling fan running nonstop and no response from any controls, including an attempt at a reboot. But it cleared after a hard reboot. Same thing happened that night, and continues to happen every time the receiver was in standby for more than a couple hours.

I do, however, notice I can prevent the issue if I leave my AV receiver on continuously.

I figure the box is becoming toast. When I need a new dish for the HD, I sign up for DHPP, also get a new receiver authorized and hook it up. The next morning, I find the same thing happens.

Any ideas why this happens? I'm wondering if there is some sort of HDMI handshake that needs to happen, and it can only happen if the device it is connected to is powered.

H D, I connect my HDMi directly to the tv input and have not had any problems. Run my sound thru optical and analog cables to the a/v receiver. Works very well. Give that a try.

Problem is I have on old TV with only one HDMI input, and that makes it way easier to switch to Blu-Ray.

And I'm not sure HDMI is the reason for the issue, it is just the HDMI and optical connections (the avr 146 actually can't even decode HDMI audio) are the only link. Also, it worked for a year or better with this configuration with no issue.

Have you tried just hooking up the HDMI to the TV and see what happens? If it plays nice with the TV, I would suspect something wacky with the AVR.

Brad

I have 3 622s. On one since update L623 when it updates which it will do it even if its on. The update can take as long as 4 hours now matter how many times you do a reset.
Certain machines have this problem and could go away with next software update.
One workaround I have found although it does not work every time is to change time of update but it made my times like you describe shorter. The fan only runs on high when it is doing a update.

I had a similar problem this week, but it would only freeze when I was watching recorded programs, or in the menus. I called told them them it had been happening for two weeks. I am getting a replacement on Wednesday, plus a 2 week statement credit.

I asked why I kept having this problem, and they said that all their advanced receivers are buggy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts