622 jumps to channel 101 by itself on both tuners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
This has happened a few times in the past 6 months or so. I will be watching a show on a local channel and all of a sudden the receiver will jump to channel 101. This happened last night while I was watching a local show and recording a show on the other tuner. I lost the recording!!! This is very annoying. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what could cause it?

Time to set your remote (blue-tab RF UHF TV2) address to other than the default.
Your neighbor(s) are doing it. Read about it in the manual.
IIRC, basically use menu-menu to bring up the info screen and then hold Sat button until top lights up. Then press a number 2 to xx (I'm assuming it was set to 1) and the # key to select that address for the remote and then record to transfer it to the STB.
-Ken

I really don't think so. Both tuners jump to 101 at the same time. The channel I was watching on tuner 1 and the channel I was recording on tuner 2 jumped at the same time. There was no warning on tuner 2 that was recording. I am running in single mode and can check both tuners in PIP when they jump.

Last edited:
I called Dish tech support about this. They had me reset the TV2 remote address. I told them that I only ran the receiver in single mode and this didn't seem to affect anything. Then she said they would send me another TV1 remote??? OH well...

My 222 does it every once in a while, except about a week ago it did it 3 times on Sunday afternoon. A power button reboot fixed it. Pretty annoying though. I can imagine it being a PITA with a DVR.

I called Dish tech support about this. They had me reset the TV2 remote address. I told them that I only ran the receiver in single mode and this didn't seem to affect anything. Then she said they would send me another TV1 remote??? OH well...
Well, it makes sense to change the TV 2 remote address. Even if you don't use it, it is still active. It will just change TV1, which is the problem that you have symptoms for. The TV1 remote replacement will work if that remote is defective and is sending out the commands to change to 101. Since the TV1 remote is not UHF, you could put it out of range (or under a pillow) and see if that keeps the TV changing.

Kenney 911
I live in the Metro Detroit area and have also had the prblem at about the same time about 6:10 AM. Not every day but always at aroung the same time. I wonder if it has something to do with local feed. I usuallly watch WDIV at that time, how about you.

Interference in the remote control setup may cause a jump to 101. If the system gets the impression that you're sitting on the remote it will run home to 101.

Changing to a channel daily at a particular time is a sign of an autotune or recording timer.

I don't believe it is related to a remote control problem. I have a 622 & a 722 and both have been doing this periodically as well. I was watching a program live yesterday and it tuned to ch. 101 by itself.

I agree with Jeffro34tx...I don't think it is remote related. It has to be software related. I have L6.14 on my ViP622. But it has been recently until this issue arose. Hopefully subsequent software fixes will take care of it.

UPDATE!
I received the new IR remote and disposed of the old one. New remote works good as does the number 2 remote that I changed the address on. Guess what? It happened again the 2nd day after I got the new remote, so I guess this would eliminate the remote issue.....

Kenney 911
I live in the Metro Detroit area and have also had the prblem at about the same time about 6:10 AM. Not every day but always at aroung the same time. I wonder if it has something to do with local feed. I usuallly watch WDIV at that time, how about you.

Mine is everyday and no matter what channel its on.

They are working on making everyone's tuner switch to channel 101 when Charlie Chat is on, boosting ratings and ad revenue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts