622 Keeps Restarting

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I have a 622 in single mode and in the past week it has started freezing and restarting anytime I try to add, or edit a timer....also I have noticed that all of my shows are recorded in fragments because the receiver restarts during recordings, for no reason...I have tried reseting, I have even tried deleting all of my recordings and timers but I am still having the same problem...its gotten to the point that I don't watch tv in that room anymore because I am almost guaranteed to have to endure at least three or four restarts...anyone know why this would be happening?

FYI- I have 22 timers - all "dish pass"

My 722 started doing this yesterday, too. It seems to reboot every 20-30 minutes or so.

I had a previous 722 that did something similar, but was obviously heat related. It would constantly reboot until I unplugged it and let it cool for 10 or 15 minutes, then it'd run for 1-2 hours and would then start rebooting continuously again until the cooldown was repeated. Dish swapped it out for me when I called tech support.

This one I'm not so sure. It's not obviously a heat problem like the last one was. It could be, but after rebooting it'll come up and run for a while before doing it again. My last one would not come up to a picture at all unless I gave it a cooldown period...

No I have not tried that...um...and I'm not sure I would know how?

Your power cord has 3 prongs that plug into an electrical outlet. As a last resort it's been known to bypass the ground prong by using a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter (usually found for less than a buck at most hardware stores). The thinking behind that is that perhaps there's an electrical compatibility issue with your receiver. I *sometimes* run into this on older homes (50 plus years old) and some single wide...ummm..."homes".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts