622 L3.60 software - Slow Channel Changing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

622 L3.60: What affect have you seen with regard to the speed of changing channels?

• Haven't noticed anything.

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Might be slower, not sure, or doesn't bother me.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Noticed that it is slower, and prefer the way it was before, but still OK.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Noticed that it is slower, and find it unacceptable.

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
For everyone who has confirmed download of L3.60: What affect have you seen with regard to the speed of changing channels? More specifically, the time required for video to appear after you have selected a channel?

riffjim4069 said:
I noticed channel changing was much slower just after receiving the update. However, when I came home it seemed to be running much better.
It seems to vary on which channel. I expect they wait a little to make sure they have a complete video picture to avoid the slight stutter after the switch and tweeked it a bit more with l360. Note the actual switching is still much faster then most of the DISH players, but sometimes the video takes a second or so to appear.

I noticed I couldn't turn to my local ABC station last night. I got a black screen and no sound. I could turn to any other station but ABC on the one tuner. I left it on the black screen and watched the other tuner. Later I checked the other tuner and it was on the ABC channel and it was working now. I don't know when it came back in but it took a long, long time to come in. This is what it was doing when I first got hd locals in May. I hope this doesn't keep happening or I will be very disappointed in this software if it does .

cebbigh said:
As long as the lip synch and picture stutter are resolved, I'm happy.

The lip sync was very bad while watching the Seattle Torchlight Parade in HD on channel 7 last night. The picture was 1 to 1-1/2 seconds behind the sound. I rebooted and played with the skip but it had no affect. I haven't had a chance to check other programs/channels yet.

I checked channel speed change just before I forced download of sw 3.60, it seemed slower then normal, after download the speed was still the same, slow. So my vote is No change.

They probably had to increase the picture buffer to solve the stuttering issue. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts