622 Local HD Guide Information

sbonzai

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
I have a Vip 622 and on a couple of my local HD channels the programming guide information is displayed for the standard definition channel but not the local HD channel which is received by the OTA antenna which makes it hard to DVR a show on that channel. I am subscribed to my locals and Dish put in a network ticket to try and resolve the issue but it has been over 4 weeks and I wasn't sure if anyone else has a fix to this problem. Thanks

Dish only fills in the guide data for the digital counterparts of the analog stations they carry. For example, if they carry your local NBC's analog station, the guide data for the related digital channel, i.e. channel XX-1, will be filled in. Is that what you see ?? If Dish doesn't carry your local CW or an independent station, the guide data for that channel will not be filled in. It reads "Digital Service", correct ??

Dish only fills in the guide data for the digital counterparts of the analog stations they carry. For example, if they carry your local NBC's analog station, the guide data for the related digital channel, i.e. channel XX-1, will be filled in. Is that what you see ?? If Dish doesn't carry your local CW or an independent station, the guide data for that channel will not be filled in. It reads "Digital Service", correct ??
I know that it fills in TBS-HD for me but it could be some how be tied to the satellite feed. I will try one of the other channels tonight to see.

I know that it fills in TBS-HD for me but it could be some how be tied to the satellite feed. I will try one of the other channels tonight to see.

I assume you mean TBS OTA as there is no TBSHD per se. But since Dish carries the SD version of TBS (local to ATL) of course the guide data will be there.

I have a Vip 622 and on a couple of my local HD channels the programming guide information is displayed for the standard definition channel but not the local HD channel which is received by the OTA antenna which makes it hard to DVR a show on that channel. I am subscribed to my locals and Dish put in a network ticket to try and resolve the issue but it has been over 4 weeks and I wasn't sure if anyone else has a fix to this problem. Thanks

You might want to be more specific on what your location is and what channels you are talking about. You would be more likely to get a response that makes sense to you.

I assume you mean TBS OTA as there is no TBSHD per se. But since Dish carries the SD version of TBS (local to ATL) of course the guide data will be there.
Yes, the TBS OTA is 1080i HD even though it carries only SD sources (up-converted pillarboxed) except for baseball.

Yes, but the only programming in actual HD is Braves baseball and I hear most of that is going away for next year (moving to the Turner sports channel).

Yes, but the only programming in actual HD is Braves baseball and I hear most of that is going away for next year (moving to the Turner sports channel).
I understand that the programing is in SD but the signal is 1080i HD 100% of the time. So it is an HD OTA channel. Hopefully they will start to add some HD programing but it will probably be a mixed bag of SD, SD stretch-o-vision, HD cropped, with some HD OAR like TNT-HD.

Actually its not restricted that way. Certainly if they carry the analog you can complain to them if the guide data is not being carried. They actually get a seperate stream of data for each OTA digital channel they carry Data for. In some cases they get seperate data for each of the subchannels, e.g. WNET in NY

In the majority of cities, Dish only carries the guide data for the 'main' digital channel. Yes, there are some cities where Dish is providing sub-channel guide data.

I live in Orlando, FL. The channel that is missing the OTA guide data is FOX, I mean that is a major local channel which I would assume should show the programming guide information. Is anyone else in Orlando having this problem? Thanks

Maybe this will help.....The guide information is showing up for 035-00 but not for the 035-01 HD channel via the OTA antenna. It is the FOX35 Orlando station. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts