OTA during Install!

fistfullofbeer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Hello

A dish installer will be coming over this 18th to setup my VIP 622 (pennding LOS issues). I was wondering if the Dish Installer usually installs an OTA for new customers or not? If not, then should I ask them to install one for me. I would really like to use the third tuner on the 622 and unfortunately I am not hands-on enough to trust myself with the same.

Will there be any charges associated if the Installer puts one up for me (I currently have no hardware with me)?

Thank you.

I would call in advance to request this. There will probably be ab additional charge for this but it is worth it.

Ok. I will call ahead and make a request. Any ideas on what antenna I should get or how much the charges may be?

Thank you.

PBS, ABC, NBC, and CBS are all right around 22-24 miles away, all located in the same area. The local FOX is just a bit over 30 miles away and in a slightly different direction but I wouldn't say it's not feasible to receive. At the moment, all the stations are broadcasting on UHF too.

An antenna like this, http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?main_cat=03&CAT=&PROD=ANC4228, might do the job.

Is this one of the antenna's that the Dish Installer would carry or is this something that I would need to order from solidsignal.com? I most likely will not be installing the antenna myself so would need the Dish Installer to put it up for me.

Thank you.

Dish installers do NOT (typically) install antennas, so no, they wouldn't have one available. Who's doing the install ?? Did you order from a local retailer or direct from Dish ?? If direct, the installer doesn't have to install your antenna, but might do it for money under-the-table. A retailer's installer probably does antenna installs, but it would be considered extra-cost on this job. Again though, have everything they need ready, ask "if I paid you an extra $XX, could you mount and wire this antenna?", and see what happens.

That's a Channel Master antenna and you can buy them locally or from Solid Signal. I guess it depends on your timeframe.

I had an official Dish Network installer and he told me that I couldn't connect an OTA antenna to the 622. Thank God for SatGuys....I would have never known. As soon as he left I attached mine. Its a little bunny ears one so there was nothing to it but the fact that he said I couldn't........I mean c'mon man.....seriousl?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts