622 locks up when swapping tuners using PIP swap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yelraek

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2006
Talladega, Alabama
When I am using PIP to watch two channels at once side by side I can use the swap button to switch tuners without any problems but if I use the PIP swap button to switch tuners while not side by side (full screen) sometimes the 622 will freeze. I get no picture but I do get sound from the tuner I tried to switch to. None of the buttons on the remote will work. I have to reboot the 622 from the front panel button to get it working again. Would this be a software problem? I am currently on 6.14.

I've seen this problem also. It seems to me that it only happens when I've just changed the channel on one of the tuners and before it's fully tuned in I try to swap tuners. Making sure both tuners show a picture before swapping seems to eliminate the problem.

It's a bug, and many others have had/ do have this problem. I've had it for over a year, through many software upgrades, and it still occurres now and again. I have it happen while hooked up to my tv via component, OR HDMI.

Sometimes if you wait for about 20 minutes, it'll bring up the picture fine. Of course, nobody will usually wait that long. A reboot fixes it. Sometimes if you switch one of the channels to an OTA channel, that will make it work, etc.

You'll have to figure out the pattern that works for you, if there is one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts