622 makes me mad!

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
:mad: :mad: I got the 622 in Dual Mode. Record plus enabled, preference is recording on TV2. WHY THE HELL does it put ANY timer on TV1???

No, only timer on the machine right now. But I think I found out why: I was gonna record CSI Miami on OTA 002-1. OTA only records on TV1, right?

If it is like the 942 it shows Tuner 1 for all OTA, but you can still use the satellite Tuner 1 at the same time.

I have mine in single mode and have noticed that anything that is set to record off of OTA (mainly local HD for me) will default to Tuner 1. All my SD recordings default to Tuner 2.

ralfyguy said:
No, only timer on the machine right now. But I think I found out why: I was gonna record CSI Miami on OTA 002-1. OTA only records on TV1, right?

CORRECT!

Is there a reason for this or just lazy code? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the OTA tuner display as # 3 ?

waltinvt said:
Is there a reason for this or just lazy code? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the OTA tuner display as # 3 ?
WHy?

There is one oTA tuner, thus it is #1. There are two SAT tuners, so they are #1 and #2...

How about tuner 3? They have three tuners ,one ota and two satellite, so wouldn't that been the more logical number? But since it only works on the tuner1 outlet to the tv in dual mode, I guess they thought it should be named tuner 1 also. I have never liked it being named tuner 1 also. It is very confusing to new people who have never had these receivers.

There it goes again! Damn machine starts that self reboot crap again. This is already the replacement receiver with a "C" on the back. Worked good for about three weeks, and now starts the same crap the old one did. DAMN!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mine started acting funky again tonight. Picture locking up with audio still going while watching OTA...

gdarwin said:
Mine started acting funky again tonight. Picture locking up with audio still going while watching OTA...
That's what mine did last week. A channel change solved it. Tonight the picture freeze with audio still there cause the first self reboot after replacement 3 weeks ago. Yours will starting to do reboots soon:mad: .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts