622 New Firmware L631...

Siince I got it yesterday morning, it seems to have fixed all my problems from L630!

I was getting black screen without/with sound 3 times a day, and had to restart the receiver.

On a recorded show, sometimes FF through commercials, the picture would freeze.

All gone until the next update:rolleyes:

Siince I got it yesterday morning, it seems to have fixed all my problems from L630!

I was getting black screen without/with sound 3 times a day, and had to restart the receiver.

On a recorded show, sometimes FF through commercials, the picture would freeze.

All gone until the next update:rolleyes:

That black screen fix alone would really get my blood pumping! I sure hope it works for me...

Thank god the update finally fixes that terrible black screen problem. It just happened to me now and pissed me off. Can't wait for the update.

I finally got the L631 firmware update on my receiver this morning, 11/30/2010. Everything looks good so far. I'm off work today, so will give it a good going over to see how well it all works now.

:up :popcorn @party

I have L631 and I'm still getting the black screen tonight.

Crap!!! This started happening on a replacement 622 I got when L630 bricked my previous 622. It always appear to occur on tuner #1.

Does Dish even acknowledge that this problem exists? I guess getting another replacement 622 without the problem is a crap-shoot.

Last edited:
Wow Dish sucks... Since so many people get it I'm pretty sure it's a firmware issue. How can they not have fixed it already? It's been months!!

It always happens when the picture starts to "break up" as soon as you put a channel on. If you leave that channel on too long, you'll get the black screen problem either when you change the channel or if you try to rewind the image will freeze up.

Wow Dish sucks... Since so many people get it I'm pretty sure it's a firmware issue. How can they not have fixed it already? It's been months!!
So many people? So far I have only seen one since the new update came out, not sure how thats "so many"

So many people? So far I have only seen one since the new update came out, not sure how thats "so many"

By so many I mean since the problem has begun. One person so far has said they still get the problem with the new firmware which most likely means the bug still exists. If one person got it already, then it's only a matter of time until more people do.

Side By Side PIP is not fixed cannot access it by pressing the Position button.

When I select TV Shows in Dish On Demand,Most Popular,select Done,it automatically goes to Search TV Shows.It did not do that before L631.

Had to do a Power button reset to reconnect to Dish On Demand.

Extended Guide with Picture barely shows the last channel(number 7) when paging up or down so it's of no use to me to try and use that Extended Guide with Picture.

Dish Online cannot refresh DVR through the website.

When highlighting a program in the guide there is no time run listed in the program's information,only when you press the info button do you see the time run listed.

After every software update, I always unplug my receiver from power for about 30 seconds... that always seems to fix any strange after update issues I have had. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)