622 nightmare install almost over

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bbitchin

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Yes, five home call visits and countless hours later things are working well. I don't know how people who are not as obsessed with HD as me would ever put up with this, but llike I said it is working now. Yea !!

Can anyone advise me about how to improve reception on the 2nd TV controlled by the 622? My 2nd TV is upstairs from the 622 and it's reception is snowy. I've placed the antennae (about 7 feet long) in a variety of locations. While it is at least watchable, it is definitely not as good as it was when I had two separate receivers. Is there any way to boost it's performance? Any advice would be appreciated.

The second TV needs to be connected by hard wire to one of the TV2 outputs on the 622. This could be via composite video/audio, or coax. I'm not sure what your 7-foot antenna is doing, but it doesn't sound like a valid connection option. In your case the coax option is probably best, assuming your TV2 has a standard receiver in it. The 622 will send a SD video/stereo audio modulated RF signal (the channel is selectable) via the coax that can be received on your TV2 like any other RF signal. There are wireless options (using additional equipment) if you can't run a coax to the TV2 location...

Last edited:
Thanks for your response, The antenna I referred to is just a longer RF connection to the receiver. You are correct that I cannot run a hard wire upstairs without tremendous obstacles. You mention other wireless options using additional equipment. Would you take a moment to explain what those options are? Thanks again.

bbitchin said:
...You mention other wireless options using additional equipment. Would you take a moment to explain what those options are? Thanks again.
I use "Leapfrog" microwave transmitter/receiver pairs that I bought at BB a couple of years ago, about $75/pair. (You would only need one pair.) I believe Radio Shack sells something similar, but I couldn't find it in a quick scan of their site. Mine each have a small ac adapter for power.

Your 622's TV2 composite video and L+R audio output connections would be connected into the transmitter at the 622's location and the same signals would be connected from the receiver to input to your remote TV. They're good over at least 30' (my max. distance) through walls, floors, etc. YMMV. Each pair can be set for one of 4 frequencies so you can use up to 4 pairs in one general location. I have just the 2 pairs: one transmitter is located at each sat. receiver location, and one receiver is at each remote TV location. The transmitters are on channels 1 and 2, and I can choose which transmitter to "watch" at either remote TV by setting that TV's receiver to 1 or 2. (The signals are quite directional, some playing with the antennas might be required.) Sometimes there is some interferrence, especially if someone walks through the signal, but that can be remedied by relocating the units, tweaking the antenna(s), etc. Get them as close as possible with their antennas pointed toward each other and make sure the walls or floors you're trying to penetrate have minimal metal in the signal's path. Mine are still working well after about 3 years. In your case your 622's UHF remote will probably work at the TV2 location (or if not, you can do some tricks to extend its effective range) so you won't need an IR remote extender.

Good luck...!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)