622 Not Dialing out After Eithernet Hook Up

So is anyone for sure that DISH will allow just a broadband connection ONLY? I wouldn't want the audit nazis calling if I did this and disconnected the phone lines.
I think that is the first reason they implemented the ethernet connection on the VIP receivers but, like you, I'm concerned about the audit people so don't plan on disconnecting the phone lines. I do like the caller ID so may leave the phones lines connected anyway.

I successfully completed a test on both 622s using one SMC ethernet wireless bridge and the built-in broadcomm. Works but seemed very slow uploading logs from both receivers.:confused:

Do you really know what the logs are for? I have uploaded them by ethernet, and yes it took forever, but have no idea what they do or what they are for.

OK update:

Now when I go to "Call Out" it says:

No Call Out Pending

and when I go to "Connection" it says:

Broadband Connection OK
Phone Connection
FAILURE
No Dialtone

So I guess that means I am all set, if there is no call out pending it must mean that it was successful overnight?

When I go to "Connection" it says that both the broadband connection and phone connection are OK. I also get "No Call Out Pending" when I go to Call Out.

I think that is the first reason they implemented the ethernet connection on the VIP receivers but, like you, I'm concerned about the audit people so don't plan on disconnecting the phone lines. I do like the caller ID so may leave the phones lines connected anyway.

I successfully completed a test on both 622s using one SMC ethernet wireless bridge and the built-in broadcomm. Works but seemed very slow uploading logs from both receivers.:confused:

I don't plan on disconnecting my land line from my 622.

I have not yet been able to "Send Status" with both the land line and ethernet connected (always have been able, of course, to send status with just the land line connection).

I'm currently uploading logs using the ethernet connection only. It just finished and took almost 10 minutes. The receiver just rebooted :(

Okay it sounds like it should be good to go with just ethernet connection. Although I have not been able to send status out of counters to DISH with just ethernet , I have been able to upload logs with just ethernet . Also my phone System menu now shows processing for DIshcom devices and then the modem type is on local but it is grayed out on both remote and local. I can't change it now at all. WEIRD.

Okay it sounds like it should be good to go with just ethernet connection. Although I have not been able to send status out of counters to DISH with just ethernet , I have been able to upload logs with just ethernet . Also my phone System menu now shows processing for DIshcom devices and then the modem type is on local but it is grayed out on both remote and local. I can't change it now at all. WEIRD.

It took some time for me to able to. I hooked it up and pulled an IP about 8:00 pm Thursday and I wasn't able to send status until 7:00 PM Friday so it looks like it takes maybe 24 hours or so for everything to get friendly. It might have actually worked earlier, but I was at work all day.

So you have been able to call out or send the status of your counters to DISH using JUST the ethernet connection? Did you have the phone line connected when you did this? I have tried since Wednesday to send the status just by ethernet and not the phone line and I get failure everytime and to check my phone and broadband connection. Even though when I check connection it shows both working fine.

How should the 2nd 622 be setup to use the Ethernet connection of the primary 622? I thought I set up Dishcomm correctly but it fails on the 2nd 622 when doing a Check connection. Primary it works fine, pulls an IP with no problem.

-Funk

How should the 2nd 622 be setup to use the Ethernet connection of the primary 622? I thought I set up Dishcomm correctly but it fails on the 2nd 622 when doing a Check connection. Primary it works fine, pulls an IP with no problem.-Funk
On my 622s, both show both R0numbers and mine works. Do you have both numbers set up on both 622s?

I can't get dishcom to work at all on my two 622s. I can't add the other receivers to each others dishcom menu. But I do notice that my phone system says local but are grayed out so YOU can not access them. I also get a dishcom processing menu pop up anytime I try to access the phone system menu at all now.

I can't get dishcom to work at all on my two 622s. I can't add the other receivers to each others dishcom menu. But I do notice that my phone system says local but are grayed out so YOU can not access them. I also get a dishcom processing menu pop up anytime I try to access the phone system menu at all now.
My 622s are both on the same shelf, powered off of a UPS, adjacent sockets.
Are your 622s going through separate surge suppressors or UPSs such that the DishComm is getting filtered out? I think others have reported the use of surge suppressors make it difficult for DishComm to work.

Also are yours in the same room or at least on the same side of the 120/240 AC power system in your house?

Until you are able to add the other receivers to each dishcomm menu, I suspect that it will never work.

Is your phone system grayed out because you have no phone line connected?

Well I have to take it back.
Yesterday broadband worked on both systems, one via dishcomm but today, the one connected to the bridge works but the other one no longer sees the router via the broadband connection.
Both receivers still show that the dishcomm is ok. Back to the drawing boards........

Brian,

That is where I am at. Both 622's show both receivers but only the primary when works with the bridge.

Very strange.

-Funk

I'm going to switch and make the other one the primary tomorrow to see what happens. Yesterday both showed a good DHCP connection and today only the primary while the other shows all zeros.

So you have been able to call out or send the status of your counters to DISH using JUST the ethernet connection? Did you have the phone line connected when you did this? I have tried since Wednesday to send the status just by ethernet and not the phone line and I get failure everytime and to check my phone and broadband connection. Even though when I check connection it shows both working fine.

I have never had a phone line at all.

I was able to call out, I did not try to send counters.

Apparently there is nothing to worry about regarding the 622 dialing out. I connected mine via ethernet a couple weeks ago and just received my monthly statement today. Dish has already removed the $5 fee.

AT the dbstalk website they are saying the while the ip connect was in the last software upgrade , it has yet to be supported yet . They also advise that we all keep our phonelines connected till they do support the ethernet connection only.

I have yet to be able to call out via ethernet. I have been able to upload logs from just ethernet connection though. I have all 3 of my receivers hooked up now by both phone line and ethernet now. So I guess I am covered either way.

They also advise that we all keep our phonelines connected till they do support the ethernet connection only.

I think that is wise especially for those of us who have kept the phone lines connected, we don't want any new charges to suddenly appear.
Dish said they should have the ethernet fully capable (except for Caller ID of course) within a couple of months.

Dish out of adjustment

Looking for the 722 Manual...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)