622 Not Dialing out After Eithernet Hook Up

JIGGIEFLY

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 11, 2005
Melvindale Mich.
I got my software update this morning so it gave me a good reason to rewire my home network.

Here' what i have:

WildBlue Modem
Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router
2- Computers
1-VIP 622

Ok all is hooked up and works as far as comps go

Modem hooked to router and comps are on wireless "all good"

622 hooked to port 4 of router checked 622 and it sees the routers IP
address

I have no land line so eiternet hookup was a welcome site to save the $5 fee

Broadband checks out ok on 622 but when i go to callout it says call out failed

So do i need to do anything else here to get it to call out?

Thanks in advance for the replys

I have the same problem.

Broadband test is 'OK' and I can order PPV, but if I try to Send Status I get an error message to check my phone line or broadband connection. Has anyone been able to successfully send status with just an ethernet connection?

I tryed to order a pay per view and it said connected for a brife second and went back to the order screen and still cant dial out but have IP adress and it show connected online

I have no land line so eiternet hookup was a welcome site to save the $5 fee

BTW, I called E* today about getting the $5 fee taken off but they said the 622 still requires a phone line. The guy didn't sound very confident in what he was saying, though. He didn't even know that there was an update today to allow the ethernet hookup. Hell, he didn't even know the 622 had an ethernet port. I guess I'll have to try back another day.

If it "connected" for a brief second it probably transmitted the data via ethernet (very fast).

Thanks For the replys it started working this morning i was able to call out and i ordered a PPV via Eithernet hookup, i dont have a landline phone just have cell phones that is why this was a good addon feature for me

How do you define calling out? I still get "Call Out FAILURE" when I try to Send Status.

Same here, when I go to "Call Out" I get:

Call Out
FAILURE

Please Check Phone
or
Broadband Connection

I am pulling an IP and the router sees the receiver. I called E* and the guy said I don't have to do anything, being connected via Ethernet will be reflected on my bill, if it isn't then call back and they will fix it.

I don't really care about ordering PPV, I would just like to not have to pay an extra $5 a month.

Same here, when I go to "Call Out" I get:

Call Out
FAILURE

Please Check Phone
or
Broadband Connection

I am pulling an IP and the router sees the receiver. I called E* and the guy said I don't have to do anything, being connected via Ethernet will be reflected on my bill, if it isn't then call back and they will fix it.

I don't really care about ordering PPV, I would just like to not have to pay an extra $5 a month.

OK update:

Now when I go to "Call Out" it says:

No Call Out Pending

and when I go to "Connection" it says:

Broadband Connection OK
Phone Connection
FAILURE
No Dialtone

So I guess that means I am all set, if there is no call out pending it must mean that it was successful overnight?

Phone line Caller ID

If I use only the ethernet connection and unplug my phone line, does that mean I no longer get a phone number ID on my TV screen?

So is anyone for sure that DISH will allow just a broadband connection ONLY? I wouldn't want the audit nazis calling if I did this and disconnected the phone lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts