622 Not Scanning Digital OTA

KenB123

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Northern Illinois
I have a roof mounted UHF antenna. Cabling is done. I connected the feed directly to my Sharp HDTV and receive just under 30 digital stations in my area (Chicago suburbs). So I know the antenna is working.

I then directly connected to the 622 antenna input, and performed the Local Channel scan, but none of the stations are coming in. Any help? Do I need to call Dish and have them enable something?

I do already subscribe to locals with Dish.

Press MENU | 6 | 8 and see if your ANALOG TYPE is Set to OFFAIR.
Hey. That seems to do it. You're my hero for the day. :D

Thanks much!

(On a side note....I called ATT Dish Tech support. They were clueless. Basically said it should just work when I do the Local Channel scan. When I explained that I have been through all that, they said it is an unsupported feature because there are too many outside variables involved. But sheesh. You would think they might know something about the solution you presented.)

Hey. That seems to do it. You're my hero for the day. :D

Thanks much!

(On a side note....I called ATT Dish Tech support. They were clueless. Basically said it should just work when I do the Local Channel scan. When I explained that I have been through all that, they said it is an unsupported feature because there are too many outside variables involved. But sheesh. You would think they might know something about the solution you presented.)

You are welcome! Glad I could help.

There are a lot of settings on this device and they are not all on the same screen.

It's tough to get people who care about customer service when you pay minimum wage. Not that pay should matter but for people who do care, there's better money to be made. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts