622 only produces Zoomed SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ergoman

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Palo Alto, California
I just upgraded from a 942 to a 622. I have a Toshiba 51 in. CRT projection 1080i HD system. Before, with the 942, I set the display to "Natural" and saw all SD channels at 4:3 with empty space around. Since installing the 622, all SD channels are zoomed so they fill the 16:9 screen. This means much of the content is lost (e.g., the crawling news on the bottom of CNN is just off screen) and the quality is poorer than usual. When I go to the resize menu on the Toshiba is says that screen resizing is not available. The feature works as before on all other inputs except from the 622. The 622 is connected using the 622 small-plug DVI adptor to normal DVI. (The 942 required no adaptor.) HD quality is normal, but SD is "zoomed".

Is there some adjustment I can make to the output of the 622 to give me output like the DVI output I had on the 942? Is the adaptor the problem? Is there an alternative?

Any help would be most appreciated. This problem is totally trashing the quality of all SD channels on DISH.

Thanks in advance.

ergoman

Bottom lefthand button on your remote (I think it is called format) will give you four or five different options (Normal, Gray Bars, Zoom, Stretch, etc...).

yes the. 622 like the 942, hs teh option on the remote to do the zoom functions you mentioned.
it has normal (4x3 for sd) grey (4x3 with grey broders), stretch, partial zoom ( my preference) and Zoom. You change these by pressing the * bottom left (also says format over it)
Also there are menu options on the 622 that set the aspect ratio for HD. menu 6.8 might want to check what you have there also
Edit: oh well some else posted the same info while i was checking this

Since you have a CRT rear projection, as I do, I recommend using the gray bar option if you watch programs in 4:3. This will reduce, but not eliminate, screen burn-in from using only part of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)