622 or 625

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PJJAnthony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I want to take advantage of the Dishnitup promo. I currently have two 311s. I want to switch to a DVR receiver, but I don't have an HD TV but plan on getting one within the next 18 months. Will the HD 622 receiver still work on my non-HD TV, or will I have to get the SD 625 now and upgrade to the 622 when I get the HD TV?

Last edited:
625 is the SD Receiver....

I'd get the 625 if you don't think u'll get the TV before 18 months. After 18 months u can dish it up again. If you got the 622 you'd have to pay for the HD Programming or pay the HD Enabling Fee without having the TV to view.

Dish n' it Up is good for one per year. If you think you will get the HD TV before this time next year, go for the 622 HD receiver (and yes it will work on a non-HD tv. HD content will be down rezzed to sd). If you thnik you can wait, get the 625 sd receiver now and upgrade next year. Note: if you take the 622, you do have to order the HD package now at $20 per month less whatever discounts you get.

I think you have a typo or 2 in your post at the end.

The ViP622 will output to HDMI, component and S-video simultaneously, so you can feed just an SD TV if you want.

I think you have a typo or 2 in your post at the end.

The ViP622 will output to HDMI, component and S-video simultaneously, so you can feed just an SD TV if you want.

Yes, I corrected those. Thanks for the responses.

One more thing. Can I still upgrade even though I'm under a current 18 month contract (10 months into it), or do I have to wait.

I would get the 622 because of the OTA tuner. In my area there are at least 10 digital sub-channels that are only available OTA. Also the HD channels look much, much better than the SD equivalents on Dish, even on a SD TV. The 622 works quit well with a SD TV, especially when connected with a component video cable. It will look as good or better than a DVD on the HD channels. (SD channels will not look better.) If you have no interest in OTA reception, or any of the channels in the HD pack, then get the 625 and save the $20 per month cost of the HD pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts