622 OTA Guide data.....

jeremyburns007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Is there any way I can get the guide data from the satellite channels put on the OTA channels? If not, what is the easiest way to record from channels with no guide data? (Sorry if this has been covered a million times, but I couldn't find a recent thread covering it) TIA.

By the way, absolutely no problems with the 622 install or use (so far). I love it.

Yeah, pay E* the $5/mo locals fee.

If they offer your locals in SD you can subscribe and get them, and also guide data for HD. No locals, no guide data.

Really sucks. Been this way with all HD except the original receivers, 6000 and 811. All the DVRs require the subscription.

I already have that.....

I'm already subscribing to the Dish locals. But I still have channels that only say "Digital Service" in the program guide. Only two of my OTA locals have program data. The other three do not. Do other people have this too, or do I have something setup incorrectly? TIA.

If Dish doesn't carry those channels, or they are subchannels(for example 005-02) Then it will just say Digital service. For these channels, you can go into "timers" and create a manual timer to record.

Email the FCC and complain. Although there is currently no law requiring STBs to provide PSIP data, if enough affiliates and viewers complain, I suspect there will be something written into the next legislation.

It makes no sense for the law to require stations to transmit certain data but not require receivers to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts