622 OTA Guide Listings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Macado

Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I have installed an OTA antenna and have acquired a CBS and PBS station that show up in yellow when looking at the guide. At first "Digital Service" was the only entry in the program info. area for both stations. A day has passed, and the CBS station has all the programming info. filled in now, but not the PBS station, which still shows "Digital Service" across the entire info. field. While I can view whatever is on PBS by selecting it from the guide, I can't record any programs because there is no program info. to generate a timer. Anybody know what's happening here?

If dish carries that pbs station's SD feed then the first PBS channel will fill up with the SD info, but the other sub channels will remian digital service....

BFG, Thanks for the info.

The reason I put the antenna up was to receive PBS HD, which at present, is not on the Satellite. As I said in my initial post, I now receive PBS and CBS ota, which didn't exist for me through my Dish sub. PBS HD has a comletely different schedule than PBS SD. The fact that the ota CBS station guide is ok, but the PBS guide has no info., makes me wonder where the guide info. for ota stations comes from? Is it from Dish, or from the station itself? Anything else you can add to this would be appreciated. Thanks

It comes from Dish, it's the same guide data as dish has for those stations SD channels.

PBS analog schedule is reflected in the digital schedule. For me that is 35.2, aka 5.2, while 35.1 is the national PBS-HD. Dish would only need to publish one PBS-HD schedule and mirror it on all the various local sub-channels. For that matter they might do the same for the other 4 PBS sub-channels I get (but don't look at with no schedule) that are on a separate base carrier, channel 9. I guess as Dish doesn't get paid for PBS they don't do any favors even for their customers.

You can get the schedule on-line PBS | TV Schedules
-Ken

KKlare said:
PBS analog schedule is reflected in the digital schedule. For me that is 35.2, aka 5.2, while 35.1 is the national PBS-HD. Dish would only need to publish one PBS-HD schedule and mirror it on all the various local sub-channels. For that matter they might do the same for the other 4 PBS sub-channels I get (but don't look at with no schedule) that are on a separate base carrier, channel 9. I guess as Dish doesn't get paid for PBS they don't do any favors even for their customers.

You can get the schedule on-line PBS | TV Schedules
-Ken
The local PBS affiliates are inconsistent in how they handle the digital signal.

In OKC, the local PBS programming is only carried on the analog channel, and not on the digital at all. Most of the time, the -1 digital channel is the national HD feed. Sometimes, there will be 4 SD subchannels, with PBS-Kids, PBS-U, etc.

Until the affiates come to an agreement standardizing how the digital signal will be formatted, there's no way that Dish or anyone else can implement a nationwide EPG solution.

Here in Lubbock, our PBS analog channel and the PBS-DT -1 channel are identical. The PBS HD stream is carried on the -3 channel. The -2 channel is empty.

Dish Doesn't Want You Viewing PBS-HD

mdonnelly said:
Until the affiates come to an agreement standardizing how the digital signal will be formatted, there's no way that Dish or anyone else can implement a nationwide EPG solution.
IRRELEVANT. A 'nationwide solution' is not needed for PBS-HD; Dish just needs to pass thru/stop blocking the program data which PBS local affiliates broadcast.
PBS-HD OTA EPG is functional on all Direct HR PVRs (even tho Direct doesn't sat. broadcast the channel).
PBS-HD EPG is also present on every HDTV with built-in TV Guide and every stand-alone HD receiver I've ever seen.
Dish doesn't want people watching a lot of pure HD, commercial free HD, subscription free HD. Subs might get ideas.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)