622 OTA issue

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
When I first got my 622 installed, the OTA content came right up on the channel guide and accurately displayed programming information. But now, everything that is OTA just says Digital Service. The only thing I have done recently is to plug in the phone line and do the dial out so I can save on the monthly 2-tuner fee. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. Anyone else have this issue and or a solution?

I have noticed this too on more and more channels on my 942 receiver. Usually the first OTA channel description is exactly the same as the local channel (007-00 and 007-01 are identical, where the "-00" is the local from Dish (I do subscribe to locals) and the "-01" is the OTA digital channel). On many of the "-02" or higher channels, the guide only shows "digital service". But on our local PBS which has 5 or 6 digital channels, they are all listed with titles in the guide... Lately though, every extra channel past the first OTA, except PBS, has gone to "digital service" in the guide...

RobertsD said:
Your still subscribed to your locals through Dish?

No. I do not. Would that directly affect that information displaying though? Was the OTA just pulling info from the Dish provided channels?

sonnyboy11 said:
No. I do not. Would that directly affect that information displaying though? Was the OTA just pulling info from the Dish provided channels?
Yup, if you are not subscribed to Dish locals, you don't get the info for your OTA channels.

It's not so bad if you don't have a DVR, but when you do, it's kindof a pain to reocrd OTA shows without the info.

Recieving the info is a must for me, since I record a lot of OTA stuff.

RobertsD said:
It's not so bad if you don't have a DVR, but when you do, it's kindof a pain to reocrd OTA shows without the info.

Recieving the info is a must for me, since I record a lot of OTA stuff.

I am pretty specific about the shows I like to record, so it's not hard to know what I want without seeing the actual guide info. It's just kind of a drag not to know what's on those channels if I am just flipping around looking to see what's on. Same for my wife. She will probably ask me about this at some point. What's the charge for the locals- like $5 a month, right?

Yup, $5 a month.

When the Dish HD locals become available in your area, you'll automatically recieve them if you are subscribed to their SD locals.

RobertsD said:
Yup, $5 a month.

When the Dish HD locals become available in your area, you'll automatically recieve them if you are subscribed to their SD locals.

But I would still have the option of watching the OTA stuff right? The Dish HD locals would just be another choice in the menu or does one override the other?

sonnyboy11 said:
But I would still have the option of watching the OTA stuff right? The Dish HD locals would just be another choice in the menu or does one override the other?

I don't know what your situation is (if any) with distant nets but be carefull if you decide to sub to your locals as it could (depending on your situation) cause you to loose distants.

PS: You can be both a disciple and apologist at the same time ya know:D

sonnyboy11 said:
Since I don't have a 622 or a 211 I can't say 100%, but i am willing to bet that it is like the other HD recievers in that the Dish SD locals, and the OTA channels both show up together. YOu know the difference, since the OTA channels are yellow where ther channel names are, and the Dish ones are blue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts