622 OTA Recording Playback Problems

Dan Mills

Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Central Oregon
This started on or about 12/25/2008. I receive about 8 OTA channels. Three of these channels come from the same transmission facility. All three of the channels now have the same problem: playback of a recording or pausing live TV causes the playback to skip to the end of the recording. Occasionally, I will see a second or two of content followed by pixelation and then a skip to the end of the recording or to Live TV (when pausing live TV).

Unfortunately, one of the channels is NBC which I cannot get through All American Direct.

I can view the channels perfectly in live mode.

I reported the problem to dish and they sent a replacement 622. Same problem. I sent back the replacement DVR with three sample recordings of this problem on the HDD. I haven't heard anything back from Dish yet.

I noticed that Dish updated the software to L616; this also did not help.

I suspect that the transmission changed and contains something that the playback hard/software does not handle correctly. I'm not sure what to try next. Any ideas?

Dan Mills

Contact the stations. We had a problem where KET HD would not record and when watched was very jerky. I contacted KET and they made a change to their HD encoder that fixed the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)