622 output trouble...need help please!

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Something just happened to my TV1 out from ViP622.

My everlasting and current setup is HDMI to flat panel TV1 using a 5.3 IR remote
TV1 coax out to a mirror image in the bedroom, using a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remote using the green 1 tab
TV2 coax out to the daughter's bedroom, also using a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro with the blue 2 tab

Remote addresses are as follows:

TV1 remotes 3 on ch 21
TV2 remote 4 on ch 30

I was lying in bed, and somehow blindly pushed a button on the 6.3 remote while in the guide, and now, for some reason, the unit thinks that the TV1 coax out, is TV2 (result, I can't use the TV1 6.3 IR / UHF remote in the bedroom to control the unit, and the standard screen saver moving around says that TV2 is off, and to press Select to turn on the recvr.

When I take the 6.3 into the LR, it will control the unit for TV1, as it should

I tried resetting the recvr (power button hold); not factory reset, but that did not solve the issue.

What happened, and what can I do to get the 6.3 UHF function back and also to get the recvr to recognize that the TV1 coax out is actually TV1, and NOT TV2?

Thanks to anyone with a resolution.

did you accidentally change your bedroom TV's physical channel? So that its now tuned to the wrong station to pick up tv1's output?

you say TV1 ch21, TV2 ch30 .... so did you accidentally change your TV in the bedroom to 30?

You would figure that you might have programmed the TV to only recognize channels 21 & 30... so if you "channel up" on the remote you'd go from 21 .. directly to 30...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)