622 - Pauses but then goes live

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I've had this problem with my 622 for about 3 weeks now.

I've rebooted it with no luck.

If I pause TV for under say 2 minutes, as soon as I hit play or pause again instead of picking right now it jumps for a second and then goes right to live.

Normally it will go back about a .25 to .5 second but now it just goes live.

A real PITA...watching the Tiger's game...wife walks in to ask a question, pause, 20 seconds later I hit play, and miss something.

If I leave it paused for a long time it works fine. Items off the DVR work fine.

Anyone seen this before?

This is the infamous L3.65 pause bug, which we documented pretty extensively in this thread.

E* is aware of it, but they have not issued a fix yet; probably not considered serious enough for a separate release. (Although many don't think its a "minor" bug.

Oh, by the way, there is a workaround. Instead of hitting pause to restart play, skip back 15 seconds, or even just rewind for a split second, and then hit play, and it won't jump to live.

Thanks for the work around...minor my ***.

Obviously no one at E* is married and has had their wife pop in on them, regularly, while watching something. Hell I pause for 10-15 seconds at least 5-6 times during a football game.

Its weird. When people first started posting about this bug, I checked my 622 and noticed I had it as well. But now pause is working fine as long as I wait for the counter to start. It could be at one, and I'll unpause it and it will pick up where I left off. It doesn't jump at all. So I thought maybe I received a software update, but no, still at 3.65.....