622 picture breakup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
My two 622's have been having minor picture breakup that as far as I can tell is not related to signal strength. The breakup occurs on signals from all 3 of the sats (110, 119, 129) that I receive. This is seperate from the 129 issues that plague the Pacific NW. I have a dedicated 500 dish pointed at 110 and 119 and 24 inch dish pointed at 129. If viewing the same program on both 622's I will see the image breakup on one box but not the other and then vice versa. I've tried soft reboots several times, but no luck. I haven't unplugged the boxes for awhile. I will be doing that tomorrow. But thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this? It seems unlikely to me that I'd have hard drive issues on both boxes and I really hope that isn't the problem.

I am having the same problem. It may be a coincidence but it began around the time they swapped the D1000 for a 24" dedicated dish for 129 and a D500. I have video stutter and audio and video drops. I have a lot more problems than with the D1000 and on 110 & 119 which gave no problems before. Reboots have no affect. It did show reception errors in "system info" tuner one twice.

The two dishes are installed level to each other and maybe 18" apart. They are so close they are practically on top of each other. I am wondering if the closeness of the dishes is causing this. Here is a photo of the install:

CRW_7996-copy.jpg

Last edited:
The problem I was having was happening prior to the time they swapped out my 500 for the 24". It was minor compared to the problems I was having with 129 before the
swap to the 24". Now that I'm having fewer problems off 129 the minor problems off 110 and 119 catch my attention more.

The photo you put up sure makes me wonder why they put those dishes so close together. But because the 500 is in front I'd think if that was the cause that you'd be having more problems with 129 than 110/119. Can't tell from the photo but is your line of sight clear of trees?

Since I did the hard reboot (cut power from both receivers for 2 min) I haven't seen the problem on mine again. But it was kind of infrequent so I'll wait a little while before I call it a cure.

The dishes are on the peak of my garage where they could gain a clear line of sight. I suppose the reason he installed them so close together is that is where the D1000 was.

The are supposed to come out again this afternoon.

I also did a hard reboot but don't know if it did any good and if it did, for how long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)