622 Problem

edfiero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Originally posted in general forum, no response received. Moving to Tech area.

I have a VIP 622 Probably about 2.5 years old, software is L629.

For the last month I have been noticing a problem whenever I am watching an OTA broadcast channel. The problem manifests in 2 ways.

1. If I pause the OTA channel, it is near impossible to watch the program when I try to resume. It constantly jumps head several minutes, or jumps ahead to live TV. I'll rewind it, then it will jump back to live again.

2. If I am recording an OTA channel, and trying to do anything else, whether it be watch any program on the DVR, or simply navigate thru the menu or program guide, everything is choppy and/or has a delayed response.

If the TV is on a Satellite channel, I do not have any of these problems. The issue is only present when pausing / recording an OTA channel.

Any ideas? Software bug or hard drive ready to take a dump??

Receiver has been rebooted a couple of times recently due to power outages. The same problem with OTA channels remains.

Receiver has been rebooted a couple of times recently due to power outages. The same problem with OTA channels remains.
Sounds like its time then to call DISH or do a online chat. Explain everything you've done etc. I'm sure they will agree to send out another unit. Most likely it will be another 622 although you might get lucky. Document(ie; pics) the unit you are sending back in the box the refurb came in. I went through this procedure this past April(bad HDMI port) for my 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)