622 Question About Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gmcgown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2005
Fort Worth
I am using my 622 in dual mode configuration. Sometimes when watching a program and the timer starts the recorder, the 622 will change from the watched channel to the one which is recording. Changing back to the original channel requires the recording to be stopped. The 622 is configured to record on the HD set only. Is this the way it's supposed to function and if not how should the 622 be configured to stop this?

622 Recorder Question

I need to be in dual mode for bedroom TV. Outside antenna is used for OTA HD reception from locals. Record plus is configured "Activation" Diable, "Record Preference" TV1. Shared View for Single Mode only "Enable View" not checked. "Disable View" not checked and TV1 is highlighted. Grey McGown

bottom line

The 622 has to pick a input to record from, if it keeps knocking you out of tv1 select tv2 as prefenced, if all your recording are in HD, and you want HD, I think you are stuck with this problem, I watch tv1 the most so I let it use tv2 to do my recording unless it is something special in HD. Hope this helps, Peace

I had something very similar happen to me last night.
I am in single mode, with shared view enabled (because of the PIP reboot issue), This may be a contributor because i didnt used to run with shared view enabled.

I was recording and watching a PPV movie on tuner 2 ( my default tuner for recording) , half way through another timer kicked in and i was switched to Tuner 1.
I just swicthed back and stepped back to the point we switched from but none the less mildly annoying.

You were recording on tuner 2, but probably watching on tuner 1. The only way I found to not have this happen is to either make sure later program was setup first and tuner the the earlier program and hitting the record button while watching.

You want to enable record plus and set it to tuner 2. Thien it will always record sat programming whether hd or sd on tuner 2 unless there is a second timer set at the same time then both tuners will be used. The OTA tuner is als called tuner 1 but as long as you are not watching an OTA channel when an OTA timer hits it should not bump you off the channel you are watching. This works perfect on my 622 and we usually have 6 to 7 timers a day set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)