622 Question Mode

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
In my "rant" the other evening about Dish, one of the issues I had was the 622 not allowing me to watch TV2 because of recording, even though TV1 was not recording. If I put this DVR in single mode, does it may I record "live" on TV1 and watch "live" on TV1?

I do not know why your 622 does this. Maybe it is defective. I have my mine setup in dual mode and in the preference I set it to record to TV1. My daughter watches it on TV2 and rarely records from there but watches LIVE Tv. I record on TV2 late at night when she is asleep and not using TV2. Now to your question if you are recording on TV1 in single mode, and want to watch the same program LIVE on TV1, yes that is possible. But if you want to watch a different program TV1 (while recording on TV1) that is not possible. But in a situation like this you will probably switch to TV2 since you have two tuners in single mode.

I hope that helps.

...the 622 not allowing me to watch TV2 because of recording, even though TV1 was not recording.
Where were you trying to watch TV, from the TV connected to TV1 or TV2 ??

Using my setup, TV1 is in the living room and TV2 in our bedroom. If I'm sitting in front of TV1 and set a recording for 11pm, it will default to TV2 (my Record Plus setting). At 11pm, we go to the bedroom and TV1 is turned off. We can only watch something pre-recorded on TV2 now (or watch the recording in progress). Makes no difference that TV1 is 'available'.

Allow me to rephrase, or rather completely change, my question. Since the infamous Wii incident, we are down to one television. The wife and I have opted to remove the TV from the living room. I have purchased a new LCD from Costco that will be here Monday and this will be the only TV using the 622.

Sooooo, since I'll be on one TV with two tuners and an OTA feed, what would be the best configuration?

What if I decide to change my mind and redistribute TV2 to the whole house via the existing coax?

Where were you trying to watch TV, from the TV connected to TV1 or TV2 ??

Using my setup, TV1 is in the living room and TV2 in our bedroom. If I'm sitting in front of TV1 and set a recording for 11pm, it will default to TV2 (my Record Plus setting). At 11pm, we go to the bedroom and TV1 is turned off. We can only watch something pre-recorded on TV2 now (or watch the recording in progress). Makes no difference that TV1 is 'available'.
We were trying to watch from TV2, incidentally the only TV in our home right now.

In my "rant" the other evening about Dish, one of the issues I had was the 622 not allowing me to watch TV2 because of recording, even though TV1 was not recording. If I put this DVR in single mode, does it may I record "live" on TV1 and watch "live" on TV1?

Sure, just press 'swap'. In single mode "swap" will switch turner1
with turner2. What was turner2 will become turner1 (which is connecred
to TV1 out).

Theirs a setting called 'Record Plus" and default is set to record
from turner2 first choice as a preference. This is set up like this to
make it easy to record one channel and watch a different channel.
'Record Plus" can be disabled, as it should in Duel Mode or can be
set to record first choice preference from from turner1

Don't confuse turner1 and turner2 with TV1 and TV2.

Thanks all! I will be moving the box, going with record plus and hooking up the LCD via component hook ups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)