622 question

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
622 question and turning channel on 2nd set

OK Can someone please answer this.
The 622 has 2 tuners so Im told you can have 2 sets hooked up to it. How can you do that since the remote is not a UHF anymore (that sucks) how would you change the channel on the 2nd tv in a different room?
Since they are only allowing 1 mpg reciever per household (which is rediculous) I suspect many will have this issue.

Last edited:
The back of the box has a Remote UHF Antenna connection so I don't know where you get the info that there is not a UHF remote. TV2 blue remote will be UHF Pro just like the other xx2 boxes.

2 remotes 1 ir and one uhf same as the 942 same units just upgrade to mpeg 4

Guys you are wrong. The 622 does not have a UHF remote neither does the 211. Scott himself verified this in a previous post calling them "baseline recievers" whatever that is. Plus if you download the pdf file on the specs of these you will see IR only. Were going back to old technology besides.

Hey, does that Model sticker say DISHDVR962 , or is my eyes playing tricks on me?

And yeah, id say its a UHF antenna jack!

I stand corrected about this. It is the 211 which is the replacement for the 811 that has no UHF remote. The 622 definitely does.
It still sucks though that they are going backwards.

robertjp said:
I stand corrected about this. It is the 211 which is the replacement for the 811 that has no UHF remote. The 622 definitely does.
It still sucks though that they are going backwards.
Gotta disagree that it's "backwards". TV1/TV-only using IR is a good move in a LOT of situations such as apartments and other "close" dwellings.

There's only 16 UHF addresses, and sometimes that's not enough.

SimpleSimon said:
Gotta disagree that it's "backwards". TV1/TV-only using IR is a good move in a LOT of situations such as apartments and other "close" dwellings.
There's only 16 UHF addresses, and sometimes that's not enough.
NOPE going from UHF remote to an IR only is a definate DOWNGRADE.

Actually there are 32 remote addressses.......

UHF Remote

n0qcu said:
NOPE going from UHF remote to an IR only is a definate DOWNGRADE.
Actually there are 32 remote addressses.......
I read that the 2nd Remote (UHF one) can be programmed to be used with TV1 instead of the IR remote... (ie your NOT going to hookup a 2nd TV) Gerry

I think each remote should be switchable to satisfy everyone, I have house wired to have tv in many rooms and it's nice to just give a guest a remote and let them have their own TV in their room. can't do that with IR.

I could not live with a non-UHF setup since I use one receiver for the whole house. Being single, watching two things in two different rooms is nigh impossible. Watching two things at once in the same room is already possible via my 721.

The 622 will be sweet though, as I will be able to switch it over to dual mode when I have a guest staying in the spare bedroom, but keep it in single mode otherwise.

Even if the RF remote isn't switchable to TV1 you could still control TV1 from other rooms using any of the various brands of wireless and wired IR repeaters. I control my TIVO and DVD player that way from 3 other rooms.

Jud in Dallas

The RF remote is a "TV1" or "TV2" remote depending on what address you assign to it, and whether "UHF Pro for TV1" is enabled on the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts